Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

me hate windows

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2002
I just got osx and I want to run the folding at home terminal client.
I have no idea how to use the terminal or how to get it set up. Can anyone guide me through the process of getting folding@home to work?:confused:
thanks in advance

timbloom

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2002
I just have to vouch for that script, easy to install and run, just follow the simple directions and it is up!

alset

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2002
East Bay, CA
Originally posted by timbloom
I just have to vouch for that script, easy to install and run, just follow the simple directions and it is up!

Agreed. Greatest script I have ever used. Period. Thanks mc68k. I go to your .Mac page all the time to get those and install them in labs.

If you need help beyond the FAQ, just PM me.

Dan

me hate windows

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2002
does it show how far it is? or do I have to do something else to start it. Sorry for being so stupid

timbloom

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2002
If you install it you can either type 'fold' in the terminal to start it, or you can have it set to start on boot. A friend and I have made an app to view the status, it is early still but it can be found at http://osxlong.com

me hate windows

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 18, 2002
Originally posted by timbloom
If you install it you can either type 'fold' in the terminal to start it, or you can have it set to start on boot. A friend and I have made an app to view the status, it is early still but it can be found at http://osxlong.com
are you sure you little program works, because it is the bar is always completely full?:confused:

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Originally posted by me hate windows
are you sure you little program works, because it is the bar is always completely full?:confused:
Not at all to confuse you but there is a project doing the same thing that another member of Macrumors made... Timbloom at the time didn't know a project was going on at the time, but anyway, If there is no way that you see for the app to work them go here for the other app Almost self explanatory. Chose WU for setup, click update when you want to update. After 1 frame is completed since you launched the app you can see a estimate on when the WU finishes.

Happy folding. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.