PDA

View Full Version : iPod Dream

Mydriasis
Sep 3, 2006, 05:19 AM
Alright, here it is... my iPod Dream. Just a little fun ;)

finder and music

more...

dashboard and safari

and even more...

iChat with celebrities

oops and more

iPhoto

and one last one

Movieplayer

iVersa
Sep 3, 2006, 05:20 AM
Very cool, and I can see that eventually something similar to this will be developed. But at the moment your one is HUGE! Way too big for a pocket

Mydriasis
Sep 3, 2006, 05:28 AM
Size was never a issue when i made them, i just took the iPod photo from the apple web site and adjusted it.

I guess it would depend on the resolution of the screen and your eyes on how small you would make the fonts. But I am sure apple will find a way... a better way.

Josias
Sep 3, 2006, 05:29 AM
Dude, that's not an iPod. It's a MacMicro;)

iPods will never run PhotoShop or iMovie. This is actually a PDA. Though it would be sweet.:D

Scarlet Fever
Sep 3, 2006, 07:34 AM
Good, but it'd be more useful as a PDA. I would buy one, though.

5 posts in 13 minutes in the same thread... has to be some kind of a record... I think the mods would like to merge some threads...

Josias
Sep 3, 2006, 07:57 AM
Good, but it'd be more useful as a PDA. I would buy one, though.

5 posts in 13 minutes in the same thread... has to be some kind of a record... I think the mods would like to merge some threads...

7 of the 10 posts here are his own.;)

That thing would go kinda pricey though....:rolleyes:

Shotglass
Sep 3, 2006, 07:57 AM
I like it. Just yesterday I was thinking what would be if they had continued to improve the Newton. I'd love to see an Apple PDA. I wouldn't buy one, but I'd love to see one.

iVersa
Sep 3, 2006, 08:23 AM
I remember reading somewhere that apple were not planning on entering the PDA market. Can anyone clarify/debunk this?

Platform
Sep 3, 2006, 09:21 AM
Great device,

iPhoto, Quicktime, iTunes, iChat and Safari belong there....but Photoshop and Final Cut Pro :p

I remember reading somewhere that apple were not planning on entering the PDA market. Can anyone clarify/debunk this?

Been there done that....They did a PDA in the earily 90's ;)

The Newton

iVersa
Sep 3, 2006, 09:27 AM
Been there done that....They did a PDA in the earily 90's ;)

The Newton

Rephrase: the MODERN PDA market.

;)

Mydriasis
Sep 3, 2006, 09:30 AM
Great device,

iPhoto, Quicktime, iTunes, iChat and Safari belong there....but Photoshop and Final Cut Pro :p
Thanks, yeah I put those in for fun:D

I really should be studying, but you know how it is! Here is FCP...

Scarlet Fever
Sep 4, 2006, 02:42 AM
FCP: iPod edition... lol... :D

kristiano
Sep 4, 2006, 08:41 PM
I lke it. Nice work :D

Xander562
Sep 4, 2006, 08:53 PM
wow, that is awesome, if they released something like this @ a reasonable price, i would jump on it in a second.

brikeh
Sep 5, 2006, 02:16 AM
wow, that is awesome, if they released something like this @ a reasonable price, i would jump on it in a second.

So whats a reasonable price for something like this? :rolleyes:

Markleshark
Sep 5, 2006, 02:36 AM
It's a very fine line a price rage for something like this, always going to me more expensive than the largest iPod (299) but then it's got to be cheaper than the cheapest Mac Mini (I'd say, anyway. This is 399) and knowing Apple it'll be hugelyyyyy expensive, so it'll make more sence to cart a Mac Mini around, ;)

Nice work tho, and I'd prolly still buy one... No matter how pointless :D

backsidetailsli
Sep 5, 2006, 06:47 AM
i am a fan of the fullscreen, plus this hasevery feature imaginable so id probably by one

Supa_Fly
Sep 5, 2006, 09:20 AM

Dude really really nice work.

But from a usuability standpoint, stroking a touch screen isnt the best idea ... oils in the finger tips would ruin clarity and we'd ALL be having a hanky at the ready. I do hope you & Apple have the same vision and can prove me wrong.

p0intblank
Sep 6, 2006, 09:01 AM
Nice Photoshop work! I would really love an iPod like this, especially with Safari and iPhoto built-in. Oh and iChat... oh how we can dream. :D