Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dogbone

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Here's a couple more shots from the same shoot as my trashed thread, but this time I will provide some explanation as to how they came about. The inspiration was some shots I was sent of Betty Page. I liked the ordinary domestic setting and the particular poses. I try to introduce some incongruity into the shots if I can.

Critiques or comments welcome.

Attachments

• yellow-arms.jpg
    yellow-arms.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 189

MIDI_EVIL

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2006
UK
dogbone said:
Here's a couple more shots from the same shoot as my trashed thread, but this time I will provide some explanation as to how they came about. The inspiration was some shots I was sent of Betty Page. I liked the ordinary domestic setting and the particular poses. I try to introduce some incongruity into the shots if I can.

Critiques or comments welcome.

If i'm honest, it looks way too amateur. The photos remind me of something taken before a fancy dress 'night on the town'.

You need to make them alot more classy.

bettyreading.jpg

Rich.

backsidetailsli

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2006
Toronto!
fatsoforgotso said:
If i'm honest, it looks way too amateur. The photos remind me of something taken before a fancy dress 'night on the town'.

Rich.
yeah, i agree. and the photoshop job is off.
keep at it. practice makes perfect! :)

technicolor

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2005
><><><><
fatsoforgotso said:

Rich.
I agree...

plus the background isnt classy
the costume looks a bit cheapish
and well
lets just say the model is no betty paige
and what is that purple filter supposed to add? because right now it isnt doing anything.

dogbone

macrumors 68020
Original poster
I should probably have posted a couple of the original BP shots. Here's two of them. I just really like the vinyl poufe and the chair legs around her head and the crappy rug.

Backsidedetails, which photoshop bits are you referring to? The colouring or something else? They are meant to have an amateurish look, which is what appealed to me about the origianl shots of BP.

Attachments

• bettyreading.jpg
    bettyreading.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 425
  • bp-2660.jpg
    bp-2660.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 212

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Rather then purple I would use black and white since most of hers were done that way.

Try not to have your model pose but act more natural, or watch Page herself to catch her demeanor and how she acted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.