PDA

View Full Version : Will a Macbook hard drive fit in a Tibook?

Collin973
Sep 3, 2006, 12:44 PM
Will a hard drive from a macbook work in my 1ghz titanium powerbook?

I don't know much about the connectors for the hard drive, but the tibook uses an ATA-type connector. Is there any way I could get a macbook hard drive to work in it?

Thanks,
Collin

Fleetwood Mac
Sep 3, 2006, 12:53 PM
Simply put, probably not. MacBooks use the SATA connectors which are not compatable with the old regular ATA connectors.

If you have acess to a MacBook, why wouldn't you want to use it anyways?

Collin973
Sep 3, 2006, 12:54 PM
I don't have access to a macbook. I found a guy selling a macbook hard drive on ebay and it was what I was looking for: 60gb and 5400 rpm.

Fleetwood Mac
Sep 3, 2006, 01:07 PM
I'm not sure what physical size your TiBook's drive is, but you looking for something that's ATA and is 128GB or under. (because the IDE controller can't see anything larger).

Once you find out what size your drive is (2.5' or 3.5' perhaps) then you're golden. Finding a replacment on eBay should be easy.

Keep in mind searching for the actual specs of a drive will yield more results then searching for a computer model. You should also find better prices.

Buschmaster
Sep 3, 2006, 01:31 PM
I'm not sure what physical size your TiBook's drive is, but you looking for something that's ATA and is 128GB or under. (because the IDE controller can't see anything larger).

Once you find out what size your drive is (2.5' or 3.5' perhaps) then you're golden. Finding a replacment on eBay should be easy.

Keep in mind searching for the actual specs of a drive will yield more results then searching for a computer model. You should also find better prices.
Aren't there ways around this, however?

Would partitions do it?