PDA

View Full Version : Is my ibook issue something to worry about?

galstaph
Sep 3, 2006, 06:40 PM
Ok, I just noticed today that my trackpad on my (not quite a year old) ibook has started to bow out about 1/4" down from the top. My palm rests also seem to be ever-so-slightly warped as well. I really don't recall noticing this before. My question is this: Should I worry about this? Would applecare even look at this? (I would need to purchase it but I've been thinking of it and still have 13 days).

clevin
Sep 3, 2006, 06:43 PM
post a photo?

galstaph
Sep 3, 2006, 06:51 PM
a photo won't show much, as it is only bowing slightly, you can feel it but it is hard to see.

Fleetwood Mac
Sep 3, 2006, 07:03 PM
Wouldn't hurt to get it looked at.

Your iBook shouldn't be warping at all.

galstaph
Sep 3, 2006, 07:09 PM
problem is there is no apple store anywhere near calgary... do you think that the local stores will actually look at it? Or should I talk to apple?

clevin
Sep 3, 2006, 07:15 PM
c, the thing is your phone service is expired already, i think you should talk to apple as long as you can do so.

Fleetwood Mac
Sep 3, 2006, 07:17 PM
problem is there is no apple store anywhere near calgary... do you think that the local stores will actually look at it? Or should I talk to apple?
Of course local resellers will look at it.

The more repairs they make, the more money they make on service. You're almost likely to better with them than at an Apple Store. (My combo drive is being replaced because it scratches *some discs*-no Apple Store here either.....)