PDA

View Full Version : Ad for iTalk Apple phone, what IS this?

WA98296
Sep 4, 2006, 01:55 PM
WOW!!!! This is awesome looking. Is it a spoof? Have no idea if you guys have already seen it. I just ran across this video:

"Apple Cell Phone Spec Commercial Spec commercial for a new cell phone from Apple by award winning filmmaker..."

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3168733759916419298

mkrishnan
Sep 4, 2006, 01:58 PM
It's cute, but the video seems to state in the first frame that it's just a concept video for fun.

"The following is a conceptual ad from Christopher Desantes' spec ad reel. The designs presented are purely fictional in nature and do not purport or suggest or infer any current or emerging product efforts by, nor affiliation with, Apple Computer, Inc."

clayj
Sep 4, 2006, 01:59 PM
Er, did you not read the big disclaimer at the beginning of the video? :confused:

BurtonCCC
"The designs presented are purely fictional in nature." It says right at the beginning. Definitely a different take on a phone. Clever, probably not very practical with the two fold-outs.

Daniel.

swingerofbirch
Those are really really good production values for a spoof.

flyguy451
Sep 4, 2006, 02:02 PM
The first blurry bit of the video says, "The following is a conceptual ad from Christopher DeSantis. The designs presented are purely fictional in nature and do not purport to suggest or infer any current or emerging product efforts by, nor affiliation with Apple Computer Inc.

Wow, you guys type fast!!

BVGuitarPlayer
Sep 4, 2006, 02:03 PM
Reading the disclaimer would have been a good idea. Very cool looking though, he's had a little practice with Motion and Final Cut.

poppe
Sep 4, 2006, 02:04 PM
This was shown back in late july early august when we were all in a frenzy thinking the iPhone was coming out...

That commercial is coll but the phone isn't practical anyways. Having your click wheel on the outside where you can see the screen...

fenixx
Sep 4, 2006, 02:05 PM
Nice find.

Even greater because they used a Zero 7 song... it fit perfectly!

jsalzer
Sep 4, 2006, 02:25 PM
That commercial is coll but the phone isn't practical anyways. Having your click wheel on the outside where you can see the screen...

Well, it's really only back there when you have it completely folded back (when watching a movie, etc.). When using the scroll wheel, you would likely swing that partition back to the front.

Of course, the tension on both hinges would have to be pretty snug for it to work, but it is a nice idea overall.

:)

Come on, Apple - convince me to become a cell phone user.

Counterfit
Sep 4, 2006, 02:46 PM
Wow, a floating cell phone! :eek:

But I could never use it. The screen would be covered in face smudges. :rolleyes:

poppe
Sep 4, 2006, 03:11 PM
Wow, a floating cell phone! :eek:

But I could never use it. The screen would be covered in face smudges. :rolleyes:

I have a touch screen cell phone... and let me tell you! If it is hot out or anything close to where your face will start to sweat... it kills you cell phone.... It makes it look horrible and gross!

twoodcc
Sep 4, 2006, 03:47 PM
it's a nice video, but i've seen it already.