Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RickyG

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2006
New to the forum - hope someone can help. Posted elsewhere -apologies if you've already read it.

I'm doing a lot of editing on my 20" Intel Mac on imovie hd but 2 things have been irritating me. I have 1GB of memory.

1) When I open it the program starts to open the project that was saved last the previous time it was open - and it never manages to actually open it. The notification that it is opening just stays there for the whole time the program is open. This has happened from the very first time I opened imovie.

2) Sometimes - for example twice yesterday - the whole program crashes and kicks me out.

There are workrounds in that I save the project regularly and open up an empty project and save that before I log off so that imovie when it opens tries to open the empty file rather than my proper project.

However this is a bit of a pain in the bum especially when the program crashes first. That means I won't have saved "empty" and therefore when I reopen the project it tries, and fails, to open my proper project again. That means in order to start work I have to open the empty file, save it, quit the program and then open the program again. This time it tries to open the empty file and I can manually open my proper project.

Anyone know why this is happening?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.