Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
So the company gets to check their piss, now their phone calls what cant the corporation do? We seem to be on a trend in the U.S. and thats letting companys do anything they want. Liberty & freedom are being taken away by the corporations with our govts help. Does someones privacy end when they get employed? Smells illegal to me, im sure the lawyers will love this one.

CallMeTheArrow

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
Dont Hurt Me said:
So the company gets to check their piss, now their phone calls what cant the corporation do? We seem to be on a trend in the U.S. and thats letting companys do anything they want. Liberty & freedom are being taken away by the corporations with our govts help. Does someones privacy end when they get employed? Smells illegal to me, im sure the lawyers will love this one.

If I was on the board, regardless if the "leaker" (no pun intended) or not... I would be greatly offended that the company I help run would distrust me and be spying on me with the consent of and at the request/direction of a high ranking company official. I agree that it sounds HIGHLY illegal and I think that those responsible should face criminal/civil penalities/fines/prison and be dismissed from the company permanently. I think those spied on should sue for every last penny they can. I'm not one to condone a lawsuit for any old reason but in this case someone's personal privacy was intentionally violated. I mean, come on. At what point does it become wrong? I'm sure it must be illegal, but aside from that point, I guess those involved in the spying had no regard for the targets of their espionage. These people aren't terrorists, they are just people working on a corporate board of directors. For goodness sake... lives were never at stake over the leaking that was going on. There are other less illegal and more respectful ways to find a leaker. Give each person info on special paper with a particular watermark (perhaps that shows up on copies, scans, etc.) - I don't know.. maybe even tell certain individuals slightly different information once in a while and see which version gets leaked. I'm not suggesting outright lying to them but perhaps adapt the spin on certain stories/plans to a certain extent and see if it narrows down who is responsible.

On the other hand, sometimes rumors just happen. People talk. I'm not saying its per say, right, to divulge information if you have signed a NDA (non-disclosure agreement) or something like that, but spying on their personal lives is out of the question.

Felldownthewell

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2006
Portland
The board of Directors were really terrorists, so it is okay. They are linked to al-qaeda and hate America. Therefore we can spy on them and it is okay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.