PDA

View Full Version : Any London Ableton Live users?

AlBDamned
Sep 6, 2006, 09:35 AM
Hi guys. I've not often posted in this forum but I'm compelled to now having seen Sasha DJ a couple of weeks ago with his Ableton live/Maven mixer/Mac set up.

It sounded amazing but I was blown away by the fact that it sounded so much more clever than his already very, very clever mixing did a couple of years ago. It was pretty much the most technically complete set (3.5 hours) that I've heard.

So my question and request is this., Are there any London-based MR users who use Ableton Live and if so - any chance of a demo at some stage? I'd love to see how it works for DJing and live performances.

Blue Velvet
Oct 22, 2006, 11:35 AM
Funny you should mention this as it's subject dear to my heart at the mo.

Was struck by this (http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/174096756/m/340006001831?r=443006701831#443006701831) post in a recent Ars thread on the merits of various apps for DJing.

It seems there's a divergence of philosophy of what DJing means at the mo in the context of using software and where your thoughts lie as to what the role is. It sounds like Ableton is perfect for those who want to— and have the time to — set up a lot of stuff in advance but Traktor is better for those working on the fly.

Sesshi
Nov 5, 2006, 04:46 PM
I'd like to shoulder-surf such a person as well.