Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

onlyONE

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2006
EDIT: Nevermind, got it working. Had to unplug the unit from the computer. Don't know what that did, but everything is looking ship-shape. :D

I just bought TVMicro by Miglia with the Eye TV 2 software. Upon hooking everything up it worked GREAT. I ran the updater so that I could find and install new updates and that's when things started behaving funny. Eye TV started asking for my computer's password every time I opened it, which was fine, it still worked fantastically. However, today when I opened it up the Live TV window failed to open at all. I can see the TV listings and the remote, but now window for watching. File >> Open Live TV Window is greyed out, so I'm not sure what to do. Also, holding in the 'Menu' button on the Apple Remote does nothing...one click on it will open Front Row as normal, but holding it in(as I ususally do to open things for Eye TV) I get nothing. Any help is GREATLY appreciated, I was hoping to test out the recording tonight. :)

Edit: After an uninstall and reinstall the same thing is happening, and all my settings from before are still intact(including schedules for recording and such). But there is no change, still cant see the screen or switch to full screen mode.

volntitan

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2005
How do you like the micro? I was looking at getting the EyeTV 250, but it is $200. I wanted it because it does all the compression within the box, not your computer. I have a iMac G5...do you find it takes along time to compress it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.