PDA

View Full Version : Just how bad is the Titanium powerbook's reception

ChrisBoven
Sep 6, 2006, 05:04 PM
For those that have owned a Tibook, how bad is the airport reception?

California
Sep 6, 2006, 05:18 PM
For those that have owned a Tibook, how bad is the airport reception?

On it right now with standard airport card installed. I'm on a 667mhz vga with 1gb of ram and superdrive and 100gb 7200rpm Travelstar hd. No problems with airport.

dornoforpyros
Sep 6, 2006, 05:18 PM
it's fine, I've had no problems with my wifi reception what so ever.

SpankyPenzaanz
Sep 6, 2006, 05:36 PM
after about 4 years i can not bad however you do have an upgrade option to get 80211g support and its through macwireless.com

I did this recently and have had spectacular results. The card is about$75-80 dollars. I went to apple's support site and followed instructions on removing my old airport card and inserted my new one in the pcmcia slot (macwireless willnot fit into the airport slot). Because my card still worked macwireless even bought my old card from me for $60. Iupgraded to a g card for only $20.

hayduke
Sep 6, 2006, 05:40 PM
Mediocre. If you haven't done a proper bandwidth test then you might not realize that your *wonderful* TiBook's Airport reception is worse than an iBook (never minds PCs etc.). I no longer have my TiBook, but my AlBook is worse that my wife's iBook. Bummer, eh? I don't recall the exact numbers, but I know that the AlBook could be ~2x slower at times and *never* better than the iBook.

maddav
Sep 6, 2006, 05:56 PM
My current Powerbook (I think it was one of the first AlBooks) has terrible reception compared to my old iBook (now my mum's laptop :( )