Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apachie2k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2006
was NYC...now MIAMI
i'm dorming at college, and all i know is that there are two people listining to mi musica...is there a way to talk to them/ im through ichat, or something...and what the deal on only 5 ppl can be connected a day...that is some B.S.:mad:

KKKL

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2005
Amoy
As I usually do, I create an empty playlist and put what i want to say in the playlist name.

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
apachie2k said:
i'm dorming at college, and all i know is that there are two people listining to mi musica...is there a way to talk to them/ im through ichat, or something...and what the deal on only 5 ppl can be connected a day...that is some B.S.:mad:
the only way i know of, and this is if both users are on windows XP and have the messenger service enabled (i believe it's turned off in SP2?) what you do is you look up their IP address, a free program called OurTunes can show you. and then, go into the Command Prompt,(could be found in accessories i believe, or go to Run... and type in CMD) then when you are in command prompt, you type:

net send (their IP address) "what you want to say"

and press enter, it wll tell you wether or not it worked, and they will now have a pop-up window on their screen, displaying your message :) if i wasnt clear tell me and i'll explain better.

i do this all the time in my high-school architecture class.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.