Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wonga1127

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2006
Wishing for a magic bus.
Came out today, doubt anyone actually got theres yet if they bought it. If i had the money, I would, I would have flown to Apple HQ and demanded one from them.

Does anybody know if the Apple store has them, because if they do, thats a trip to Woodfield Mall for me. If I do get a chance to go, I'll snap some sweet pics for everyone.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
According to this thread...no one has seen them in stores yet.

And here is someone who ordered a new 17" today and it's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Hopefully the 24" won't be far behind.

nataku

macrumors regular
May 1, 2005
The Demilitarized Zone
Do we really need another thread just for the 24-inch Imac? I'm pretty sure someone would post it in the Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present! thread.

Shotglass

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
I thought about opening a thread, but decided against it. No one has them.

macdaddy121

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2003
Georgia
nataku said:
Do we really need another thread just for the 24-inch Imac? I'm pretty sure someone would post it in the Post Your Mac Setup: Past & Present! thread.

I don't see any reason why it shouldn't have it's own thread. I think every computer Apple has come out with in the past has had it's own thread in the Photo Gallery section. It becomes a pain to look through the Mac Setup thread and it would be easier if people posted them on a seperate thread.

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
macdaddy121 said:
I don't see any reason why it shouldn't have it's own thread. I think every computer Apple has come out with in the past has had it's own thread in the Photo Gallery section. It becomes a pain to look through the Mac Setup thread and it would be easier if people posted them on a seperate thread.

Exactly. There have been threads for the MacBook Pro when it first came out... and then the MacBook. New products should always have a dedicated thread. Then eventually those images show up in your usual setup threads.

jdl8422

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2006
Louisiana
I ordered a 24in Imac on Wed. and if you get anything other than the base 24in it will take 5-7days to ship. If you order the standard 24in it takes 2-4days.

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
nataku said:

of course we do! and it wouldn't be an apple product launch if some one who didn't own the product in question didn't start a thread like this. Come one, wasn't that "post your 1.50ghz mac mini thread with BT" thread just riveting?

And let's not forget "post your iPod set up!"

People seem to get off on starting rather pointless threads in hopes of being "the first" or something.

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
dornoforpyros said:
of course we do! and it wouldn't be an apple product launch if some one who didn't own the product in question didn't start a thread like this. Come one, wasn't that "post your 1.50ghz mac mini thread with BT" thread just riveting?

And let's not forget "post your iPod set up!"

People seem to get off on starting rather pointless threads in hopes of being "the first" or something.

my favorite is the "Post your keyboard and mice specs!" thread.

monke

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2005
pianoman said:
my favorite is the "Post your keyboard and mice specs!" thread.

Just wait till "Post the laser inside your mouse and specs" :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.