Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

telecomm

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 30, 2003
Rome
Wow! Is that awesome or what? Separate windows to keep business and personal contacts separate! This is way ahead of its time!

CNET Photos

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
telecomm said:
Wow! Is that awesome or what? Separate windows to keep business and personal contacts separate! This is way ahead of its time!

CNET Photos

Apple introduce Tabs in iChat and Microsoft now make you have 2 windows?

Classic.

tvguru

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2005
Kenora, ON Canada
That's absolutely amazing! When can I download it and trash it? :rolleyes:

You were being sarcastic I hope. ;)

I don't see why they can't just make MSN Messenger at least 1/4 of what it is on Winblows. Seriously with all the extra uptime they get from the Macs they must use to program on, they should be leaps and bounds ahead of the Winblows version :D ;).I just watched a bunch of keynotes from back in the day where IE was the default browser and they kept talking about "First on a Mac and only on a Mac." Doesn't seem like they even put, well a 1/4 of the effort towards their Mac offerings anymore.

Allotriophagy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 5, 2006
Still an incredibly weak product: no video, no voice. None of the major functionality from the Windows version.

Got to love those fake MSN conversations that are always in those kind of screenshots though.

Brad @ Work Hi! Did you get that awesome presentation I e-mailed to you?

Chad @ Work Yes! It was brilliant! Just printing it out now.

Brad @ Work I think Polly might be interested in it - shall we invite her to this conversation and send it over MSN to her?

Chad @ Work Great idea! We can find out if she is coming to the BBQ on Saturday, too!

Polly @ Work has joined the conversation. Do not giver her your credit card details.

Brad @ Work Hi Polly! Chad has an awesome PowerPoint presentation to send to you!

Polly @ Work Hi guys! Fancy a squash rematch this afternoon? :D

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
i only need video conference in MSN messenger, does this version have it?
PS. I know Skype, sightspeed, AIM, so don't suggest me.....

tringo

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2006
Allotriophagy said:
Still an incredibly weak product: no video, no voice. None of the major functionality from the Windows version.

Got to love those fake MSN conversations that are always in those kind of screenshots though.

Brad @ Work Hi! Did you get that awesome presentation I e-mailed to you?

Chad @ Work Yes! It was brilliant! Just printing it out now.

Brad @ Work I think Polly might be interested in it - shall we invite her to this conversation and send it over MSN to her?

Chad @ Work Great idea! We can find out if she is coming to the BBQ on Saturday, too!

Polly @ Work has joined the conversation. Do not giver her your credit card details.

Brad @ Work Hi Polly! Chad has an awesome PowerPoint presentation to send to you!

haha..brilliant. Note the excessive use of exclamation marks, I guess the Mr.Softee guys think that we always shout at each other on the internet.:p

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Interesting that the Windows logo is prominently displayed.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    117.6 KB · Views: 102
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    145.3 KB · Views: 90

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
Allotriophagy said:

:D :D :D *LMAO*

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
tringo said:
haha..brilliant. Note the excessive use of exclamation marks, I guess the Mr.Softee guys think that we always shout at each other on the internet.:p

Now we just need a culturally sensitive version taking place in the UK with a man named "Chaz" who's got to run off for a cricket match, and one named Gurinder who has to take his girls to footie practice. :D

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Mammoth said:
It took them this long... and still no video chat. Sick. :mad: At least there's personal messages.

You mean like the "I love Office for Mac!" status message? Those have been around since 5.1, I believe. The only difference is that you can display the iTunes song in there, as you can with almost every other client.

I noticed that offline messages work in Mercury now but I doubt they'll be implemented in this thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.