PDA

View Full Version : New PowerBook G4 RAM not being recognized...

Axeon
Sep 7, 2006, 02:48 PM
This is ridiculous. After I went out and got a new screwdriver to install my 1GB stick of RAM, which I got off of Newegg, it is now not recognized by my computer. So now I'm running with 256MBs of RAM. Beautiful, thank you Apple.

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820145068

This is what I ordered...Crucial Technology 1GB 200-Pin DDR SO-DIMM DDR 333 (PC 2700) Notebook Memory - OEM

I thoroughly made sure this was the right RAM, and even people with my same type of computer have said it works on their posting thing.. 1.5 GHz PowerBook G4 15". Anyone know how I can get this to work?

~Shard~
Sep 7, 2006, 02:54 PM
Why are you blaming Apple if you have faulty RAM? :confused: :rolleyes:

Sounds like you have a bad stick of RAM. It happens. Return it for a new stick and see if you have the same problem. As long as the RAM you bought was gauranteed to be Mac-compatible it should work unless it is defective. If it is generic RAM, no gaurantees it will work in your Mac of course. But you said you did your due diligence so the latter obviously isn't the case. :cool:

Axeon
Sep 7, 2006, 03:12 PM
Sorry, I just opened the computer back up to test the RAM, and it was literally falling out, so I re-entered it and it snapped in place and it's very tight. I rebooted and it works. It's been a hell of a long day. I go to Umich and I had to walk nearly 2 miles in the blistering heat to find a yokel hardware store that had a #0 Phillips head after the one I had bought and expected to work didn't, a #00.

Anyway it works now. Retardation a celebration.

~Shard~
Sep 7, 2006, 05:28 PM
Glad to hear you got it working!

Now apologize to Apple for wrongfully blaming them. :p ;) :D