PDA

View Full Version : ibook will not turn on or charge battery

Sly
Sep 7, 2006, 02:50 PM
My Sister has just called to say her G3 800mhz ibook will not turn on. The battery is also flat and will not charge (she rarely uses it). My initial thought was a problem with the battery or power brick, however it will not boot with the battery out and the light on the power plug is glowing green all the time so I assume is has power to the plug end. Any other thoughts as she is talking or binning it and buying a reliable computer.

California
Sep 7, 2006, 03:15 PM
My Sister has just called to say her G3 800mhz ibook will not turn on. The battery is also flat and will not charge (she rarely uses it). My initial thought was a problem with the battery or power brick, however it will not boot with the battery out and the light on the power plug is glowing green all the time so I assume is has power to the plug end. Any other thoughts as she is talking or binning it and buying a reliable computer.

That computer model has known logic board issues. The boards die. She should call apple and see if it still under an extended warranty. If not, I'll buy the carcass off of her.