PDA

View Full Version : PB 12" batery

Approx
Mar 28, 2003, 08:06 AM
I can get only 3 ahours ou of my batery..
i thout it wold last for 5. is this true??

Over Achiever
Mar 28, 2003, 08:08 AM
5 hours is the "ideal" case...with screen dimmed all the way, hard drive spun down, no/little apps running, processor speed clocked down, etc.

3 hours sounds reasonable with average use. I think your batt is fine. :)

Foxer
Mar 28, 2003, 03:16 PM
I just got back from my first trip with this thing. I used it to watch DVD's on the plane, and the battery never ran out on a three hour flight (anout 2.5 hours of usage). Would have had no problem getting to three hours or a little more, and I suspect that DVD is pretty battery intensive. I can only beleive that "lighter" work would have resulted in 4+ hours.

CrackedButter
Mar 28, 2003, 04:44 PM
I can get 5 and 6 hours plus out of my iBook and strech it out over a 9 hours working day at college through a combination of power management and sending it to sleep and often when not needed, also i try not to use the optical drive as well.

MacVault
Mar 29, 2003, 07:34 PM
I've had my PB 12" for about a month now and the battery seems to drain way tooo fast. Not sure if it has to do with the 10.2.4 update that I installed, but I did read a few posts that said that update makes the battery drain much more quickly than 10.2.3. Can anyone confirm this? Is there a fix for it??? -Z

ian559
Apr 1, 2003, 06:39 AM
I have had mine 5 days and the bat does not last for me either. 3 hours tops. Still better than my old IBM Thinkpad!!!!!! And its not near as hot as the IBM