PDA

View Full Version : Watcher'84 automated web watcher

medea
Mar 28, 2003, 10:13 AM
Bruno Blondeau has released Watcher'84, an automated web page watcher for Mac OS X. Watcher'84 monitors a list of favorites web pages and notifies the user when something gets updated on one of them. "It is perfectly integrated to Mac OS X, is very easy to use, and features smart algorithms to only retrieve relevent content." It is $15 shareware.
http://www.brunoblondeau.com/watcher84/

howard
Mar 29, 2003, 12:28 PM
wow thats really cool!

i would be neat if you can assign it to certain threads like here at macrumors, and it would tell you if someone has replied.

i always wanted something like that...could you make a widget like that or some program that says...so and so just replied to your such and such thread. that would be great.

medea
Mar 29, 2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by howard
wow thats really cool!

i would be neat if you can assign it to certain threads like here at macrumors, and it would tell you if someone has replied.

i always wanted something like that...could you make a widget like that or some program that says...so and so just replied to your such and such thread. that would be great.
well what you can do is go to your user cp and profile options and you can turn on notification of replies which will send you an email when someone replies to the thread.

howard
Mar 29, 2003, 08:42 PM
yeah i tried that but i don't want to clutter my email and i guess its not that important. i figured a temporary on screen quick notification would be cool.

MrMacMan
Mar 30, 2003, 07:50 PM
good in a few versions...

I already found a bug. Slashdots main page didn't change in the last 5 min but the prog says it does... :rolleyes:

melchior
Apr 1, 2003, 07:53 AM
i've been waiting for this for 3 years. thankyou!