Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

billyboy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 15, 2003
In my head
Not being too nerdy, but as a webmaster for The Pisstakers which has been going about 3 weeks now, I had 600 unique visitors in a week, and have had about 200 unique visitors so far this month. Giddy stuff hey! I look at Awstats now and again, and was wondering what other webmasters are getting as % for the following stats so far in September. My % in brackets.

Add to favorites (12%)
Safari v Firefox v Internet Explorer (45% 30% 15%)
Visits 30 seconds to 2 minutes (8%)
Visits over 15 minutes (3%)

Is this telling me I have more trouble than most holding people's attention, or is it what you would expect at this early stage?

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
Stats for Paul Armstrong Designs, estimating via Google Analytics...

Unique Visitors: 6,513
Browsers: 55% Firefox, 30% IE, 8% Safari, 4% Opera, 1% Mozilla
30 seconds - 2.5 minutes: 17%
Visitors Viewing 2+ Pages: 21%

For your first few weeks, I'd call that a success.

Also, you should always note where your visitors are mostly coming from. If your site gets posted to a community, say "Hi" to them and thank them for the interest in your site.

Butters

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2006
UK
Jaded Design, has currently got...

Unique Visitors: 3,780
Browsers:
52% - Firefox
26% - IE,
15% - Safari
3% - Camino
3% - Mozilla
1% - Opera

Visit Length:
Less than 5 seconds: 44.1%
5 seconds - 30 seconds: 17.6
30 seconds - 5 minutes: 23.5%

Top Referring Link:
forums.macrumors.com/threads/229264/ :p thanks macrumorers

And I think everybody gets some visitors who just are just browsing and won't take much notice of your page. It's not because your page isn't interesting that's just the way it is

billyboy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 15, 2003
In my head
mnkeybsness said:
Stats for Paul Armstrong Designs, estimating via Google Analytics...

Unique Visitors: 6,513
Browsers: 55% Firefox, 30% IE, 8% Safari, 4% Opera, 1% Mozilla
30 seconds - 2.5 minutes: 17%
Visitors Viewing 2+ Pages: 21%

For your first few weeks, I'd call that a success.

Also, you should always note where your visitors are mostly coming from. If your site gets posted to a community, say "Hi" to them and thank them for the interest in your site.

Thanks for the replies, seems like I have a way to go yet, in the hundreds of visitors is a bit wimpish. But yes, I am quite happy so far.

How long have you been up and running, and have you got any tips on how to get people to stay longer, short of paying them.

And thanks to Macrumors for taking a look when i asked for site critiques, there was some useful help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.