PDA

View Full Version : old video cards

markjones05
Mar 28, 2003, 05:17 PM
I was just trying to figure out witch video card was better, the nvidia geforce 2 or the ati radeon ve. If anyone could enlighten me that would be great because i have both, and im trying to figure out wich is the best one to use on my old pc.

wsteineker
Mar 28, 2003, 06:03 PM
I'm not sure about the PC equivalents, but I had to make the same decision for my Cube a few years back. My choices were the GeForce2 MX (32mb) or the Radeon OEM (32 mb). Game performance was pretty much a wash. The deal breaker for me was DVD playback, at which the Radeon excels. I don't do a ton of gaming, but I do watch movies like it's my job. That said, I've been absolutely thrilled with my Radeon. I'd recommend it highly.

kiwi_the_iwik
Mar 29, 2003, 09:54 AM
Boy - am I ecstatic now!

I just got myself a Radeon 7500 on eBay for my Cube - and am about to experience a new level in entertainment (considering the stock Rage 128 SUCKS badly at Medal of Honor with DREADFUL framerates...).

As far as I've seen, the 7500 is the best card you can get for the Cube without having to do too much plastic surgery (just adapt the card's fence, and you're laughing!).

:D

wsteineker
Mar 29, 2003, 11:44 AM
Yeah, I upgraded from my Radeon a few months ago. I'm running a GeForce3 now, and I just have to tell you that it's BAD!!!!!!! Seriously man, enjoy that 7500. If it's anywhere close to the GeForce3 then you're going to be in heaven. Congrats!