PDA

View Full Version : Undo Bootcamp?

Josephkyles
Sep 10, 2006, 05:06 PM
If I decide to partition my hard drive for Windows XP. If I later regret it. Can it be undone?

Eidorian
Sep 10, 2006, 05:07 PM
Yes, the Boot Camp Assistant lets you restore your disk to a single partition.

EricNau
Sep 10, 2006, 05:07 PM
Yes, very easily. Once you open the Bootcamp Assistant it is as simple as pressing one button. :)

balamw
Sep 10, 2006, 05:08 PM
If I decide to partition my hard drive for Windows XP. If I later regret it. Can it be undone?
Yes, Boot Camp can remove the partition for you.

If you no longer want to use Windows on your computer, you can use Boot Camp
Assistant to remove the Windows partition from your startup disk. This returns the disk
to its original configuration as a single-partition Mac OS X volume.

http://images.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/pdf/Boot_Camp_Beta_Setup_Guide.pdf

B

s8film40
Nov 15, 2007, 10:37 AM
I know this is an old thread but this is what I am trying to do. The problem I'm having however is that I used Bootcamp beta and it has now expired so when I open Bootcamp it gives me a warning that it has expired and closes. Is there a way to undo the partition without bootcamp. Thanks for any help.

Eidorian
Nov 15, 2007, 10:38 AM
I know this is an old thread but this is what I am trying to do. The problem I'm having however is that I used Bootcamp beta and it has now expired so when I open Bootcamp it gives me a warning that it has expired and closes. Is there a way to undo the partition without bootcamp. Thanks for any help.You'd have to erase the drive and repartition it as one.

You can probably get around the Boot Camp expiration by turning back the system clock though. :rolleyes:

s8film40
Nov 15, 2007, 10:48 AM
Turning back the system clock worked. Thanks so much.:)