Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Josephkyles

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
If I decide to partition my hard drive for Windows XP. If I later regret it. Can it be undone?

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Josephkyles said:
If I decide to partition my hard drive for Windows XP. If I later regret it. Can it be undone?
Yes, Boot Camp can remove the partition for you.

If you no longer want to use Windows on your computer, you can use Boot Camp
Assistant to remove the Windows partition from your startup disk. This returns the disk
to its original configuration as a single-partition Mac OS X volume.

http://images.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/pdf/Boot_Camp_Beta_Setup_Guide.pdf

B

s8film40

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2007
I know this is an old thread but this is what I am trying to do. The problem I'm having however is that I used Bootcamp beta and it has now expired so when I open Bootcamp it gives me a warning that it has expired and closes. Is there a way to undo the partition without bootcamp. Thanks for any help.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
I know this is an old thread but this is what I am trying to do. The problem I'm having however is that I used Bootcamp beta and it has now expired so when I open Bootcamp it gives me a warning that it has expired and closes. Is there a way to undo the partition without bootcamp. Thanks for any help.
You'd have to erase the drive and repartition it as one.

You can probably get around the Boot Camp expiration by turning back the system clock though. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.