PDA

View Full Version : Different Ibook Won't Boot Problem :(

MrSector9
Sep 11, 2006, 10:38 PM
OK so my prolbme is as follows on a 466 SE clamshell running 10.4

My ibook will not repsond to anything, with the abttery in the caps lock, num lock and sleep light all stay on, no blinking or anything. remove the battery and they obiosuly turn off, put battery abck in and they are back on. No hdd noise, no light on the power input connection, no screen light, no chime.

I cannot find anyone ekls ewiht this problem and all i am wondering is could this be my DC input board? I don't mind ordering one to try but just want to know if i should get that or possibly a logic board.

As you might have noticed i am attached to this laptop so i dont mind spending some money on it to keep it runing :)

Thanks

BJ White

Kodex
Sep 11, 2006, 10:42 PM
When you attempt to power it on do you get a boot chime?

If Yes: Hold down the P + R + Option + Command key together and wait till you hear 3 boot chimes, attempt to power system on

if No: Remove your battery and disconnect it from the wall adapter. Hold down the power button for 10 seconds then release. Replace battery and wall adapter and attempt to power system on

If these do not fix the issue I suggest you take it to your local apple store to have a Genius work on it

MrSector9
Sep 11, 2006, 10:44 PM
no botto chime.

Tried holding the power down and that was a no go either.

Same thing, lights on soon as battery is installed.

Kodex
Sep 11, 2006, 10:46 PM
Remove the Ram and see if you get 3 error tone beeps.