PDA

View Full Version : Woo Hooo I got a new 12 Powerbook!!!!!!

ian559
Mar 30, 2003, 10:55 AM
I cant be any more excited than I am right now!!!!!!!! I went to get a ibook 800 with the 14 inch screen for 1499.00. When I got to my local Microcenter I found a returned brand new still sealed 12 inch powerbook g4. Original price 1799.00. RETURNED PRICE 1619. I talked with the sales guy a while. I only had the money for a ibook at 1499. He finally lowered the price to 1529. My wife said get the Powerbook so I did!!!!
Man this thing rocks!!! Its way faster then my 700 g4 tower is. So we are now a 4 mac family.
Each kid have a original imac. My wife now has the tower. I have all networked with a airport and 1.5 gig dsl service.

Dont Hurt Me
Mar 30, 2003, 11:12 AM
Sounds like you caught the deal! way to go and congratulations.

ian559
Mar 30, 2003, 11:17 AM
OH I AM SO PUMPED!!! This thing is way cool. My wife says she likes the tower with the 17 inch flat panel display better. I say good leave my powerbook alone!!!!! Hehehehee

Freg3000
Mar 30, 2003, 11:53 AM
Sounds great. Congratulations. Just a few questions.

Does it get as hot as some people claim? Have you had any problems with the trackpad and its "clickness"?

I am considering getting one too and value as many opinions as I can get.

maradong
Mar 30, 2003, 01:04 PM
Congratulations.
by the way, what is the biggest resolution achievable on a 12 '' pb ?

gedboy
Mar 30, 2003, 01:27 PM
1024 x 768 which is good enough for anything. The 12" PB is one of the best things I've ever bought. Lots of big thick walls in my flat [1895 tenement] and the Airport Extreme copes no problem.

I love surfing the web whilst sat up in bed. Childish but hey I'm a kidult.

Trackpad is lovely the button has a bit of a raised rim but that is not a problem and I can see why Apple have done it.

Left hand side gets quite hot but it's not an issue. I think people who test laptops want it to be exactly as functional as a desktop an get picky.

MacFan25
Mar 30, 2003, 03:11 PM
Congratulations! That's seems like a really good deal for a new PB! :)

ian559
Mar 30, 2003, 04:26 PM
So far so good. I am left handed and it gets a little warm on the left side. When running on bat it does not get near as hot. I luv the trackpad setup. It Works great. The single hinge seems much stronger than on the tibooks. A friends hinge on his tibook 500 broke. Apple wanted 1000.00 to fix it they had to change out the whole case. I say the bad points are nothing concerned to the good....
The good...
1. Seems built like a brick ****house. The alum case is very well made. I makes all the wintel laptops I looked at seem like kid toys.
2. The speed is great. Even without the level 3 catche.
3. The 12 inch screen truly rocks. max res is 1024x768. Any more and my almost 40 eyes would need reading glasses
4. The size. Its a great portable size. Very light but feels solid.
5. Its so quite!!!!!! Compared to my g4700 tower it make no noise at all.
Ok the bad....
1. Seems battery life not 5 hours (but better than my old IBM)
2. Not enough sound volume. But with headphones it really rocks