Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mauly

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 21, 2003
Manchester, England
Wanna take advantage of the artwork feature in iTunes 7. I have noticed some/most of my artwork is blurry.. :mad:

Is there a way I can just throw away all of the art so I can start again, without doing a track at a time!!!!

j26

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2005
Paddyland
Go to your music library
Select All
Get Info
Click the artwork checkbox.

It should work (I didn't try as I don't want to lose all my artwork), but might take a couple of minutes to do, depending on the size of your library.

BurtonCCC

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Wheaton/Normal, IL
The guy above me is correct. It took me about 45 minutes, but my library is huge. Be advised though, the new get artwork feature doesn't work very well. Hopefully they'll fix it in the future.

Daniel.

Manzana

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2004
Orange County, CA
BurtonCCC said:
The guy above me is correct. It took me about 45 minutes, but my library is huge. Be advised though, the new get artwork feature doesn't work very well. Hopefully they'll fix it in the future.

Daniel.

i agree with this...today is not the day to do it!

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
There is a Clear Downloaded Artwork in the contextual menu when you select songs and right click (or Ctrl Click). It seems you have to select multiple songs for this to show up.

mauly

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 21, 2003
Manchester, England
j26 said:
Go to your music library
Select All
Get Info
Click the artwork checkbox.

It should work (I didn't try as I don't want to lose all my artwork), but might take a couple of minutes to do, depending on the size of your library.

So simple when you know. I've only 1800 songs so didn't take too long. Of note, after I clcked and it took away my art, its kept all of the artwork that was just put on for me! :)

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2003
NY
pknz said:
There is a Clear Downloaded Artwork in the contextual menu when you select songs and right click (or Ctrl Click). It seems you have to select multiple songs for this to show up.
That only works for artwork downloaded from itunes already, and not that which you put on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.