PDA

View Full Version : Anyone actually use the iPod's remote?

swahilibill
Mar 31, 2003, 12:19 AM
I dont, its too heavy and its oddly shaped. I like the stick like ones that the mini discs have, those are much better, plus they are smaller, lighter, and best of all, they have the LCD display on them. Do you guys think Apple will make a better remote ever, I mean we kept asking, and they delivered a real ****ty one. Any input would be great!!!

ibookin'
Mar 31, 2003, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by swahilibill
I dont, its too heavy and its oddly shaped. I like the stick like ones that the mini discs have, those are much better, plus they are smaller, lighter, and best of all, they have the LCD display on them. Do you guys think Apple will make a better remote ever, I mean we kept asking, and they delivered a real ****ty one. Any input would be great!!!

I use it sometimes on my 10GB iPod. What I don't like about it is that it seems to be made for a woman's blouse rather than a men's shirt. They should have two versions, one for men and one for women.

NavyIntel007
Mar 31, 2003, 12:52 AM
I do in the car.

DreaminDirector
Mar 31, 2003, 01:12 AM
I just doesn't feel right and I can never seem to clip the damn thing to anything. And it makes the cord way too long.

edesignuk
Mar 31, 2003, 01:38 AM
Yup, I use it ALL the time.

bombensington
Mar 31, 2003, 01:44 AM
it's great to use when i'm working out...so i guess i use it all the time.

i also use it in the car...i don't have a mount for it, so i set the ipod in the passenger seat and clip the remote to my shorts or the bottom of my shirt.

tjwett
Mar 31, 2003, 12:00 PM
i think that thing is a waste of time. the iPod IS a remote all it's own! and a remote for a remote seems silly. plus it's way heavy and appears to be built to clip to a women's shirt. it sits upside down on men's shirts. they should have put a swivel clip on there so it could be right-side-up on both men and women's shirts.

thepannist
Mar 31, 2003, 12:32 PM
I have it constantly hooked into my backpack so I can change songs without getting out my ipod. I couldn't live without the remote.

if you don't like yours...send it to me. I will use it:D

npflood
Mar 31, 2003, 03:29 PM
I will paypal moeny to you if you don't want yours. I need one or two for a specific purpose.
Nathan

losfp
Mar 31, 2003, 05:31 PM
re: the comments about it being made for a blouse rather than a men's shirt... I actually think it works better for the guys!! It clips on so that the buttons face inwards, so I can actually use it with my right thumb :)

peterjhill
Mar 31, 2003, 06:07 PM
Got to agree, I use mine (on a guys shirt) with the white part facing out, I can then use my right hand to operate the controls, much easier than if the buttons were facing out. That's why they put the apple logo on the back!

aethier
Mar 31, 2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by DreaminDirector
I just doesn't feel right and I can never seem to clip the damn thing to anything. And it makes the cord way too long.

Me too the cord dangles to the ground (nearly{exageration...}) and i am 6'3.
but in the car its fine

-aethier

Billicus
Mar 31, 2003, 08:00 PM
I use mine all the time. I didn't use to, but now I always have it clipped to my shirt or pants or coat or something so that I don't have to haul my iPod out every time I want to skip ahead a few seconds or to change the song.

gopher
Apr 1, 2003, 09:53 AM
Nice idea in principle. Poorly implemented. I can never seem to get it to fit in my iPod's port consistantly to the point it always works when I use it. I ended up selling mine to someone who does use it.