PDA

View Full Version : how can i support this site?

daniel77
Mar 31, 2003, 08:38 AM
The bottom line with sites staying open is the legal tender so is there any way I can help support my beloved site :D

daniel77
Mar 31, 2003, 08:56 AM
bumpers

Mr. Anderson
Mar 31, 2003, 08:58 AM
http://www.macrumors.com/contrib.html

learn all about it here and join to become a demi-god

D :D

jelloshotsrule
Mar 31, 2003, 09:05 AM
duke... where do you get to the contributor page from the main site? i couldn't seem to find it.

Mr. Anderson
Mar 31, 2003, 09:10 AM
In the main forums page, there is a small link under the Private forums that says 'for contributors only'.

But there should be another one somewhere, you'd think?

D

jelloshotsrule
Mar 31, 2003, 09:19 AM
yeah. considering i've contributed in the past and couldn't even find it... i guess arn doesn't want it to be hitting the people over the head with it... but somewhere on the main page and the forum page a bit more obviously i'd think

arn
Mar 31, 2003, 10:31 AM
yeah... I've planned on publicising it, but wanted to wait until I had a 2003-2004 item.

but with the wedding, and I just moved... I've been too busy to do it all... hopefully soon. :) Famous last words..

arn

Mr. Anderson
Mar 31, 2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by arn
hopefully soon. :) Famous last words..

ha, that sounds like me....looking forward to seeing the new item ;)

D

wdlove
Mar 31, 2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by arn
yeah... I've planned on publicising it, but wanted to wait until I had a 2003-2004 item.

but with the wedding, and I just moved... I've been too busy to do it all... hopefully soon. :) Famous last words..

arn

Can someone contribute but not get the macrumors Demi-God status? For religious reasons I would prefer not to have that label!

daniel77
Apr 1, 2003, 11:02 PM
dang that is more then i can afford. looks like it will have to wait :(

scem0
Apr 1, 2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by wdlove
Can someone contribute but not get the macrumors Demi-God status? For religious reasons I would prefer not to have that label!

Just take the status and don't worry about what you are titled
on a forum on the internet. Just because it says demi-god doesn't
mean you have to believe you are one.

But I'm sure they can arrange it if it means a lot to you. :)

Doctor Q
Apr 1, 2003, 11:50 PM
Can someone contribute but not get the macrumors Demi-God status? For religious reasons I would prefer not to have that label!How 'bout a more accurate title, such as Supporter, Contributor, Donor, or Sponsor?

Of course, groups out to make the most money sell many levels of titles, e.g., "Silver Circle Member", "Sustaining Member", etc.

daniel77
Apr 1, 2003, 11:54 PM
i think the last poster has a good idea, it should be more of a direct explanation.

Mr. Anderson
Apr 2, 2003, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by daniel77
i think the last poster has a good idea, it should be more of a direct explanation.

but to what purpose would you need multiple levels? There aren't that many demi-gods now as it is (and only a handful of demi-goddesses ;) ).

The system works, for now, and when arn gets the new item done there will probably be a new surge of contributing. Besides, all the current demi-gods are going to have to re-up soon too...

D

medea
Apr 2, 2003, 11:18 AM
cant wait to see the new item arn, I'll definitely be contributing soon after it comes out.

oh and perhaps, for people who can not afford the mug, you could have a simple donation option available. Members could give like 5 dollars or whatever they have to give just to help with the costs of maintaining the site. You could do this with a paypal account even. Just a thought.

MacBandit
Apr 2, 2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by dukestreet
but to what purpose would you need multiple levels? There aren't that many demi-gods now as it is (and only a handful of demi-goddesses ;) ).

The system works, for now, and when arn gets the new item done there will probably be a new surge of contributing. Besides, all the current demi-gods are going to have to re-up soon too...

D

Not I, I have until December. Though if something new comes out that I like I just might make an overlapping additional contribution to a great site.

To anyone who is worried about hte demi-god status. Notice the word god is not capitalized. Thusly it does not carry the meaning of THE GOD or even a God.

medea
Apr 2, 2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by MacBandit
Notice the word god is not capitalized.
Um yeah it is.......it say's
macrumors Demi-God
not that I care myself, but just wanted to point that out.

boskie
Apr 2, 2003, 12:53 PM
Why not start some sort of competition? i.e. propose/design a new item, become a demi-god sort of thing...?

The winning idea would be the new item, the winner would be a distinguished new Demi-God, people would be more aware of contributing and MacRumors WILL get to the Top 5 folding teams!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

on a side note though, when will apple produce TiSpecs - a wireless remote/screen/earphones sunglasses for the new video iPod.

Ok I'm dreaming, but a nice pair of Apple branded Sunglasses - Ti not Plastic - would be ultra cool in my book!!!!

Doctor Q
Apr 2, 2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by medea
Members could give like 5 dollars or whatever they have to give just to help with the costs of maintaining the site. You could do this with a paypal account even.I don't see why you can't already do this: just send any amount to donate@macrumors.com via Paypal.

medea
Apr 2, 2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Doctor Q
I don't see why you can't already do this: just send any amount to donate@macrumors.com via Paypal.
I was not aware that you could do that.

jelloshotsrule
Apr 2, 2003, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by medea
I was not aware that you could do that.

sure, you can give any amount you want... you think they'll turn down donations? ;)

20 is the amount to get contributor status i believe.

wdlove
Apr 2, 2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by MacBandit
Not I, I have until December. Though if something new comes out that I like I just might make an overlapping additional contribution to a great site.

To anyone who is worried about hte demi-god status. Notice the word god is not capitalized. Thusly it does not carry the meaning of THE GOD or even a God.

That's the problem it's capitalized. I would prefer macrumors supporter!

scem0
Apr 2, 2003, 08:05 PM
If I buy 2 mugs can I be 'God'? :D

wdlove
Apr 2, 2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by scem0
If I buy 2 mugs can I be 'God'? :D

Would an 's help? macrumors Demi-God's;)

MacBandit
Apr 3, 2003, 03:32 PM
That's the problem it's capitalized. I would prefer macrumors supporter!

Oops, I thought it was in lower case. Guess I should have looked and double checked before posting. Has it always been capitalized? I could have sworn it was in lower case at one point.