Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kid Red

macrumors 65816
Dec 14, 2001
Yea my wife told me about this today and was looking around for any info on it. I saw his report last night and was thinking to myself, 'wow, that's a pretty detailed account of troop position and movement' but thought it was OK because Geraldo didn't strike me as an idiot incapable of following the limitation imposed by the military not to mention knowing important info could deal to casualties.

Oh well, I guess it was too much info.

MacFan25

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2003
USA
Those reporters over there in Iraq need watch that they aren't reporting anything that is giving out too much info.

I'd hate to see something go wrong in the war, just because some reporter reported too much info.

topicolo

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2002
Ottawa, ON
I guess both sides will be shooting at him now. He can fight back with that pistol he was carrying around Afghanistan with the intent of shooting Osama bin Laden.:D

I bet he still has a full clip.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Sounds as if he may be out of the running to replace Tom Brokaw! He has always been an activist reporter, working on the edge. A real risk taker, may have caught up with him this time!

patrick0brien

macrumors 68040
Oct 24, 2002
The West Loop
Originally posted by wdlove
Sounds as if he may be out of the running to replace Tom Brokaw!

-wdlove

Meaning that he was in the running?!?

In the immortal words of Bugs Bunny: "Yee-eel!"

Dammit. Looks like he's leaving on his own volition. I hoped for crossfire.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
It's about as bad as the one from Fox during the early days in Afghanistan. He was practically giving latitude and longitude.

"We crossed into Afghanistan at...and we've traveled 12 miles and..."

I'm surprised the troops didn't shoot him right there.

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
Well i know Saddams Iraqi's "if you will" dont like him and they dont like fox ! So that makes me all the more want to watch Geraldo,and the fox gang! if he gets the boot or not NO one is going to ask me? Hey lets thank the troops. It is them throughout our history that has kept us Free. No Kings, No Tyrants, No Dictators. Americans just dont play that crap!

runningman

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2003
Originally posted by patrick0brien
-Geraldo to be kicked out of Iraq?

No! Keep him! Please! We don't want him back!
Maybe he could be left over there and become a human shield and can do a detailed report like Capone's vault as the bombs fall.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.