Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacVault

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 10, 2002
Planet Earth
I think the new Movie store is on the right track. But, I find myself wanting to watch some of those movies but don't want to pay $9.99 or $14.99 for them since I will most likely watch them once or twice. And another detractor is that they are DRMed so it's not like I can even give them away as gifts after buying them - as one can do with a physical DVD.

I think the iTunes TV Shows and Movies need to drop in price about 40-50% or there needs to be a rental or subscription option.

emptyCup

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2005
There are already plenty of ways to rent movies. Between what the studios want and Apple needs to pay for the bandwidth, I think these prices are about the best you are going to get.

Unlike WMP, Apple's DRM has no way to make your purchases exploded. Say what you will about Fairplay, but it destroyed Microsoft's attempt to establish a pay-forever rental model.

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
at 9.99-14.99 for a "DVD like" movie download i can also go to target or best buy and buy the real DVD. it may be $2 more expensive, sometimes it will be the same price.

with the current prices i will only download movies once a year because i'm stuck in a snowstorm or too sick to go out of the house.

my two cents.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.