PDA

View Full Version : Value of Powerbooks and MB/P

hope
Sep 14, 2006, 07:19 PM
Is it me or has the value of the Powerbooks really began to drop drastically. I ask because for so long they held such a high resale value. My question is, has the new line of intel MB/P continued to hold their high value as the Powerbooks have. Anybody here notice if the macbooks/pros are/n't holding their values.

As a side note, what do you think my PB is worth? Also, why has Apple not offered the 160gb option on the MBP. I need it as I use about 135GB of it. Thanks everyone.

Jschultz
Sep 14, 2006, 07:26 PM
Is it me or has the value of the Powerbooks really began to drop drastically. I ask because for so long they held such a high resale value. My question is, has the new line of intel MB/P continued to hold their high value as the Powerbooks have. Anybody here notice if the macbooks/pros are/n't holding their values.

As a side note, what do you think my PB is worth? Also, why has Apple not offered the 160gb option on the MBP. I need it as I use about 135GB of it. Thanks everyone.

As a buyer, I love this exponential powerbook price drop. I am in the process of picking up a 17" 1.5/80gb/1.5gb powerbook for $1195. So yeah. Is yours the non-HD model? If so, you better sell quick, before it drops even more. I'd say $1000-$1100 for the right buyer...you DO have that big ol hard drive going for you.

generik
Sep 14, 2006, 07:30 PM
Fast upgrade cycles = rapid price drops. It is the price of using REAL computers.

Chone
Sep 14, 2006, 10:00 PM
The thing is, the jump from PowerBook to MacBook Pro is very BIG, HUGE, and not only for speed but for features as well (Intel, Parallels, Bootcamp, easier porting, part of the future platform, isight, apple remote, other misc goodies like magsafe and lets not forget the obvious, much faster, 5x according to Apple and 2x to 4-5x according to my tests which translates roughly in over ONE hour saved in iMovie applying effects) and so getting a PowerBook does not seem attractive anymore, hence the dramatic pricedrops.

MACDRIVE
Sep 15, 2006, 07:22 AM
Well I tell you what, to me the value of my PowerBook is way more than a new MacBook because I know there is nothing wrong with it. Of all the bad things I've read on this board in regards to quality issues with MacBooks, it seems to me like the value of PowerBooks should be going upward. :p