PDA

View Full Version : resolution ibook g4

fsckminix6
Sep 15, 2006, 09:09 AM
alright and i did a search but i cant find anything about it is there any way to up the resolution be it a hack or not can you up the resolution on a 12in ibook from 1024 to 1280?

Spanky Deluxe
Sep 15, 2006, 09:25 AM
alright and i did a search but i cant find anything about it is there any way to up the resolution be it a hack or not can you up the resolution on a 12in ibook from 1024 to 1280?

Basically? No. If there were, I'd be sorely tempted.

Chundles
Sep 15, 2006, 09:31 AM

You can't "up" the resolution on any LCD - they are limited by the number of pixels. There are 1024 pixels horizontally on an iBook G4 - you can't hack it to magically make more pixels appear.

Resolution on LCD screens is a physical limitation - it cannot be "hacked."

The only way to increase an iBook's resolution would be to purchase a higher resolution panel and replace the current one with the new one. Expensive and fiddly and not worth the effort.

2ndPath
Sep 15, 2006, 09:33 AM

If the display doesn't support more than 1024, then a hack will be useless. And I don't think there are any iBooks which have diplays with higher resolution.

There is, however, a hack, which allows to run at a higher resolution on an external display connected to the iBook. This is a feature of the hardware, which has been disabled by Apple in software and thus can be restored with a hack. I don't remember the name of this hack though.

Warbrain
Sep 15, 2006, 12:12 PM
If the display doesn't support more than 1024, then a hack will be useless. And I don't think there are any iBooks which have diplays with higher resolution.

There is, however, a hack, which allows to run at a higher resolution on an external display connected to the iBook. This is a feature of the hardware, which has been disabled by Apple in software and thus can be restored with a hack. I don't remember the name of this hack though.

If I'm not completley out of it still, that would be the screen spanning hack. Go google it if you wish.

mmmcheese
Sep 15, 2006, 12:36 PM
You can always look online for a high resolution 12" LCD panel that will fit inside of the iBook bezel....it might exist, and you might get it to work without breaking something.