Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
i know it sounds dumb, but where do i get OS 1.2 for my 'old' 5G?
attatched is a screenshot of iTunes telling me I'm all up to date.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 77

snakelda

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2006
Az.
ok,I'm assuming you have iTunes 7 (For Windows since that's what I have)
Open iTunes 7->Help->Check for updates->then it should say that there's an update for you iPod

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
wmmk said:
i know it sounds dumb, but where do i get OS 1.2 for my 'old' 5G?
attatched is a screenshot of iTunes telling me I'm all up to date.
I had that happen to my mini once, a long, long time ago (with one of the old style iPod updaters).

I fixed it by performing a restore instead of an update. That got it up to the - then - current version... :)

Jedi128

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2005
New York, NY
I was having the same problem; when I plugged in my 5G iPod it would say it was up to date with version 1.1.1, but then I went to iTunes->Check for Updates... and then it said that it had found an update to version 1.2. It also said that in the gerenal prefrences pane you can tell iTunes to regualrly check for updates. You might want to try that and see if works then. Of course, your iPod should be plugged in to your computer while you're doing this.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
lexus said:
That is not it.

iTunes now builds in the iPod software - 1.2 comes with iTunes 7 but not as a standalone application. If your iPod is plugged in and you do the iTunes -> Check for updates thing it will see that there is software available for your iPod and prompt you to update.

iTunes and iPod Software Updater are now one and the same - the one button updates everything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.