Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mark!

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
America
I want to keep the price under $300.

1 iPod nano (green) + 1 iPod shuffle (new) = $278
1 refurbished iPod with video (white) = $179
1 iPod with video (new; white) = $249

My music library = 669 song, 3.25 GB
My video library = 13 GB

I kind of think the iPod with video is too big for me. I don't want my pockets to be that full. The iPod nano is the perfect size, but look what I could get for $179!

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
New 30GB Video. At least that's what I'd go for.

Don't get a refurb video when for a little more you could go for a new one with updated features. Either that or go with a Nano if size matters more than features.

mark!

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
America
The only features that are on the (newer) iPod that aren't on the iPod nano?

Isn't it just video playback + games from the iTunes store?

Also, the new iPod is $70 more than the old iPod (refurbished). The only difference is the search feature and a brighter screen, which to me isn't worth $70.

fenixx

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2006
Zwhaler said:
New 30GB Video. At least that's what I'd go for.

Don't get a refurb video when for a little more you could go for a new one with updated features. Either that or go with a Nano if size matters more than features.

I don't understand the point of buying the new 5G's when they didn't realllyyy update them.

I'd go for refrub'd. That price is too great to pass up.

Felldownthewell

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2006
Portland
Since you have 13gb of video, I would say go with the old iPod 5g. I have one and it honestly isn't that big in my pocket. I can carry it, my cell (RAZR :eek: ), and my wallet in my pants pockets without unsightly bulges- and I wear (really) tight jeans.

I have about 12gb of music and 2gb of video on mine, and there is plenty of room to expand! I never thought I'd outgrow my 15gb 3g, but I'm almost there. Anyway, for the price, you won't find a better deal; go for the 5g refurb.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.