PDA

View Full Version : Simple Photoshop Question

bobber205
Sep 16, 2006, 10:16 PM
I thought the emboss feature was the one you used to make text and other things look like a "shiny button". Most widgets have this look and I would like mine to also.

Any suggestions?

Snark
Sep 16, 2006, 11:03 PM
I thought the emboss feature was the one you used to make text and other things look like a "shiny button". Most widgets have this look and I would like mine to also.

Any suggestions?
Just do a search for "Aqua buttons". There are lots of online tutorials available.

Snark

ChicoWeb
Sep 17, 2006, 11:49 AM
It's not necissarily a feature you can just make with a filter. It's actually done using different layers and gradients. Tutorials are your best bet.

bobber205
Sep 17, 2006, 12:28 PM
Is Bevel close to what I'm looking for? I know I used to be able to give a layer an impression of being "raised"....

dornoforpyros
Sep 17, 2006, 01:00 PM
http://graf-users.edu.ats.dk/maryus1/Aqua%20Button%20Pro%20(Photoshop%206%20or%20higher).htm

That's for aqua buttons, but the technique will be very similar, as you can see from that tutorial it's a combination of different layers styles & layers to to create a shiny look.

Mydriasis
Sep 17, 2006, 01:27 PM
Depends on what you want....

this is really fast, but you get the idea

Mydriasis
Sep 17, 2006, 03:48 PM
I was just working on a website and found this in one folder by accident...

I dont really remember what project it was from, but you can use it to turn the layers on an off to see what they are.

askthedust
Sep 22, 2006, 10:47 AM
mess around with the size and depth layers to raise your surface. otherwise the aqua button tutorial works great too.