PDA

View Full Version : got me phone today :P

daniel77
Apr 1, 2003, 11:34 PM
I got me a cellphone today, so happy, it has the internet, all the crap load of features most phones have and it looks tight. too bad the syncing software wont work with my old pb.

its a Kyocera 5135 :P

daniel77
Apr 1, 2003, 11:36 PM
a piccie

daniel77
Apr 1, 2003, 11:37 PM
and another...

rainman::|:|
Apr 1, 2003, 11:49 PM
what, no color screen? ;)

i got a Motorola T720 not too long ago... it's my first time with WAP access as well... the last time i had a cell phone was years ago, it's greatest feature was the ability to display more than one line... of course, it was pointless as i could only use it for basic phone functions :)

i just wish the damn thing had bluetooth built in... or a camera... i think i can get add-ons for both, but still...

so how do you like kyocera? i've heard both good and bad about them--

daniel77
Apr 1, 2003, 11:52 PM
the t720 isntr that reeeealy small curvy one is it? actually i think thats the cxx1 model. i respect kyocera they offer good phones at pseudo-decent prices. and unfortunately the only colorphone they offer (at my provider) is a 300 dollar one from motorola. i need the minutes more, so i went withr Qwest (1000 anytime for 40 dollars) but since they offer good deals on minutes, they dont offer an incredible selection. that is the hit you have to take.
like sprint offers excellent phones but for 40 dollars/mo you get 15 minutes a monthj :D

ibookin'
Apr 1, 2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by daniel77
the t720 isntr that reeeealy small curvy one is it? actually i think thats the cxx1 model. i respect kyocera they offer good phones at pseudo-decent prices. and unfortunately the only colorphone they offer (at my provider) is a 300 dollar one from motorola. i need the minutes more, so i went withr Qwest (1000 anytime for 40 dollars) but since they offer good deals on minutes, they dont offer an incredible selection. that is the hit you have to take.
like sprint offers excellent phones but for 40 dollars/mo you get 15 minutes a monthj :D

The $300 one from Qwest is the same phone paulwhannel has. It is the T720 and I think Paul got it for $200.

Personally, I have an Audiovox CDM-9500, which cost me $20 after rebate. Color screen, great reception, USB connectivity... I love it, even though it's a little big. :D

daniel77
Apr 2, 2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by ibookin'@mwny
The $300 one from Qwest is the same phone paulwhannel has. It is the T720 and I think Paul got it for $200.

Personally, I have an Audiovox CDM-9500, which cost me $20 after rebate. Color screen, great reception, USB connectivity... I love it, even though it's a little big. :D

if i went with sprint or verizon that was the phone i was going to get, the audiovox.

ibookin'
Apr 2, 2003, 12:10 AM
if i went with sprint or verizon that was the phone i was going to get, the audiovox.

Sprint doesn't have the CDM-9500 in my area. I have Verizon service and it's great. It is so much better than the GSM services most of my friends have.

mac15
Apr 2, 2003, 01:02 AM
looks like a nice phone, but my t68i will kill thats thing any day of the week :D

ibookin'
Apr 2, 2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by mac15
looks like a nice phone, but my t68i will kill thats thing any day of the week :D

As will my CDM-9500, my girlfriends T68, pauls T720... :D

No, it looks like a good phone and a solid performer. If you'll remember it was the one I recommended in your price range. I had a Kyocera 2135 before my Audiovox and it worked well. Good luck with your phone... I love mine.

eyelikeart
Apr 2, 2003, 01:29 AM
I'm going to make this a second warning regarding your posting/threads (your other thread is wastelanded)

I'm happy u got a new phone, but 3 posts within a few minutes of each other with pictures is useless posting... :rolleyes:

cubist
Apr 2, 2003, 06:19 AM
Bluetooth - great! Color screen - good, but who needs it? Organizer features - poor. Ringer/audio features - poor. Phone usability - fair.

The worst problem with the T68i is that the phone is too small. The buttons are only 1/8" high! I have to carefully press them with a fingernail. And why does it need so many? 16 buttons, a joystick and a slide switch.

Once more phones are supported in iSync, and the to-do list feature of iCal gets a lot of much-needed work, I want to get a phone which has bigger keys, bigger screen and better usability.

daniel77
Apr 2, 2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
I'm going to make this a second warning regarding your posting/threads (your other thread is wastelanded)

I'm happy u got a new phone, but 3 posts within a few minutes of each other with pictures is useless posting... :rolleyes:

how are you supposed to attach images? is there a way to post more then one image per post? I was just trying to show the phone off :) I am sorry but with all fairness I have seen many other people do similar actions, trust me I am not spamming, I am generally excited that I am getting a new piece of tech :D :cool:

-Daniel

I have used the t68i and even with all its features i think its size severely detracts from its overall appeal :(

Thanks to everyone who replied with what they have too :cool:

Kwyjibo
Apr 2, 2003, 04:52 PM
how are you supposed to attach images? is there a way to post more then one image per post? I was just trying to show the phone off :) I am sorry but with all fairness I have seen many other people do similar actions, trust me I am not spamming, I am generally excited that I am getting a new piece of tech :D :cool:

-Daniel

I have used the t68i and even with all its features i think its size severely detracts from its overall appeal :(

Thanks to everyone who replied with what they have too :cool:

sorry daniel i agree with eyelkeart some of your posts have no content. The moderators decide who is spamming not indivdual users. Two wrongs don't make a right and i would hope u heed this warning

iJon
Apr 2, 2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Kwyjibo
sorry daniel i agree with eyelkeart some of your posts have no content. The moderators decide who is spamming not indivdual users. Two wrongs don't make a right and i would hope u heed this warning
you should have seen his last thread. he cussed at me left and right. and then he writes me private messages complaining ever more. this 15 year old really has a temper problem.

iJon

Kwyjibo
Apr 2, 2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by iJon
you should have seen his last thread. he cussed at me left and right. and then he writes me private messages complaining ever more. this 15 year old really has a temper problem.

iJon

that is weird which thread or did it get edited?

iJon
Apr 2, 2003, 05:45 PM
that is weird which thread or did it get edited?
edited.

iJon

daniel77
Apr 2, 2003, 06:12 PM
can this thread be closed? It sux that I cannot even start one innocent thread.

iJon
Apr 2, 2003, 06:17 PM
can this thread be closed? It sux that I cannot even start one innocent thread.
lol

iJon

Kwyjibo
Apr 2, 2003, 06:18 PM
why would it need to be closed, typically when discussions are done they fade into the background. Of course you cna start one innocent thread but ppl become concerned when you start multipel innocent threads some with purpose some without.

daniel77
Apr 2, 2003, 06:22 PM
this thread has a purpose. atleast as much as any, oh look i just bought an ibook thread.

Kwyjibo
Apr 2, 2003, 06:49 PM
some with purpose some without.

i agree this thread kind of has a purpose as much as the one your gave as example. One without purpose would be "300th post". That was the point i was making.

janey
Apr 2, 2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by ibookin'@mwny
...I love it, even though it's a little big. :D
how can you love it? it's this gigantic thing the size of your house :D
okay that's only when i compare your cell phone with my T68i :)
as for the size of my cell phone, it just makes it easier to hide in my backpack or in my hand so i won't get in trouble for using it especially in my math class :p
As will my CDM-9500, my girlfriends T68, pauls T720...
just wonderin...since when have i been your girlfriend?!

daniel77
Apr 2, 2003, 08:09 PM
i agree this thread kind of has a purpose as much as the one your gave as example. One without purpose would be "300th post". That was the point i was making.

to quote yourself is a bit pretentious no? that is like making people call you doctor if you have obtained your doctorate :D

iJon
Apr 2, 2003, 08:09 PM
daniel, i also find it funny that you pm'd me asking what the rank levels are on macrumors. to me it sounds like you are trying to build up your posts with unwanted spamming, just assuming though, im sure you will prove me wrong.

iJon

janey
Apr 2, 2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by iJon
daniel, i also find it funny that you pm'd me asking what the rank levels are on macrumors. to me it sounds like you are trying to build up your posts with unwanted spamming, just assuming though, im sure you will prove me wrong.
no offense iJon but you seem to be spamming quite a bit these days...i see a lot of posts...under 10 words, like "edited" and "lol"...of course you're not the only one spamming :D *guiltily looks at self*

daniel77
Apr 2, 2003, 08:20 PM
umm yeah ok, and whats the keyword in private mesage :rolleyes:

btw this is all to iJon:

and yes I did ask you, because I would like to know what the different levels are. that of course implicates me as a spammer :rolleyes: Which means of course if I ask when tires need to be rotated I am wasting them :rolleyes: dont assume, you know what it does.

daniel77
Apr 2, 2003, 08:23 PM
i am formally asking any mod who views this to sift through this garbage and remove all posts not directly related to a cellular phone. thank you

-daniel

janey
Apr 2, 2003, 08:23 PM
and yes I did ask you, because I would like to know what the different levels are. that of course implicates me as a spammer...
there have been like a million posts about the different levels and if you weren't a spammer you would be searching the forums not asking iJon.
edit: Garbage eh? why did you even start this thread and the discussion?