Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RealMadrid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2003
Yes and no. The mentioned site belongs to the company I work for.

I hope there is nothing wrong about posting here. If so, please let me know and I will stay away from this forum.

Regards.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
It looks interesting, especially since I'm taking a JavaScript class right now.

It also looks as though it's not Mac OS X-compatible, which means that I'd have to re-boot to use it. There was no information on the product page, so I'm inclined to believe that it's a little behind the times even though it's very useful.

RealMadrid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2003
Hi "digital1" and "bousozoku":

Thanks for your positive feedback!

As for the C/C++ version that is a great idea. We will see how it fits in the feature list for further versions.

In regards to MacOS X compatibility even though it is written as classic app it is totally functional in classic environment. You don't have to reboot to use it. Open the app and classic will open with BasaOne. That is the reason we went that way. As this app has been built on classes we developed some time ago for MacOS 8/9 it would have taken more time than we wanted to get a working product in Carbon/Cocoa.

Nevertheless a "MacOS X native version" is written in the feature list for the next version with bold capital letters ;-)

On a side note, during the development of BasaOne we have always been working in MacOS X which we think is a great product and have tested the application in classic compatibility mode. A reboot into classic has never been necessary.

Regards.

DaveGee

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2001
Too bad...

I nuked my (os 9) 'System Folder' long ago...

Oh well, life goes on.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.