Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Giony

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
earlier today i seen that itunes needed an update and i was like "yes, an update will be good" boy was i wrong. before i just clicked on my ipod drag and dropped a song and thats it, done. now after updating that doesnt work, i drag and drop the song,it says updating whatever song name at the top but it doesnt actually add it. i deleted some and that works, then i formated it thinking that if i delete everything then i could just drag and drop everything and it would be like before. now when i go into WMP some sync BS comes up which i've no idea what it is. if someone knows how to add songs to my ipod like before or got any ideas of how to do it pls post, i need help desperately:( thx for reading

mox358

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2002
Indiana
Giony said:
where/how do i do that?

Try software update... or click on your iPod in iTunes and it should give you the option to update the firmware. I have heard a few people say they're not showing this option though, so I would check software update first.

Giony

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
i have the 1.2 version and its doing that, i forgot to mention it in my first post

mox358

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2002
Indiana
Giony said:
i have the 1.2 version and its doing that, i forgot to mention it in my first post

In that case you might try "Restoring your iPod" and re-syncing all your music. Then update the firmware, reload the music, etc...

That'll give you a fresh start and might eliminate whatever problem you're having.

Giony

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
i tried that and it syncs some random music and adds it to my ipod, i wanna add the same songs i had before i deleted all of it, not some music that i dont even listen to it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.