Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macphoria

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 29, 2002
15" and 12" PowerBooks: 5-7 day wait at The Apple Store.

This was posted at PowerBookCentral. They say it could mean 15" Aluminium PowerBook is coming up soon, but because 12" PowerBook is delayed as well, it could mean something else.

But I think this could mean 15" and 12" are both getting upgrades. 12" PowerBook could get 1Ghz G4 and 15" PowerBook could get 1+Ghz G4. 17" PowerBook, even though it is shipping, has been coming out very slowly. I think this could give them room for sneak upgrade as well.

The reason I think this could happen is because of iBooks. Since this is the "year of the laptop" and all, I think it is possible that Apple will introduce brand new iBook with 1Ghz & 900Mhz G3. That means PowerBook line, starting with low end 12" 867Mhz G4, has to be kicked up a notch in terms of processor speed.

This is a speculation of course. But I don't think Apple will introduce brand new iBook starting at 900Mhz, when 1Ghz G3 is already available. If this were to be current iBook upgrade, 900Mhz G3 is likely. But since this summer could very well introduce a new iBook, Apple just might want to surprise us.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.