PDA

View Full Version : MacBook trackpad problem?

Baculo
Sep 20, 2006, 09:50 AM
I have not seen this discussed anywhere so I am posting this question. Recently bought a MacBook (MB 13/1.83). As a long time Mac user, I can usually sort out many problems but this has stumped me.
The cursor is very slow to repond, or disappears. For example, last night I was editing a Pages document. Everytime I modified some text, for example, introduced a hard return in the text, the cursor disappeared for about 5 sec. then reappeared. The trackpad was unresponsive during this time. I have noticed this with other applicaitons as well, the cursor seems very unreponsive, or there is a long delay before it moves. Anyone experienced this or can make a suggestion as to how to get the trackpad functioning properly again?

erikamsterdam
Sep 20, 2006, 10:03 AM
Turn off the "ignore accidental input" feature on your trackpad, that will fix it. But later on you will turn it back on, trust me :D
The trick is to wait half a sec or so, just a little bit, between using the keyboard and going back to the trackpad. Then you have no problem. Otherwise the computer thinks you are touching the trackpad while typing and then it locks up for a couple of secs. It is a tad bit annoying at first, but you get used to it quickly.

Baculo
Sep 20, 2006, 12:47 PM
Turn off the "ignore accidental input" feature on your trackpad, that will fix it. But later on you will turn it back on, trust me :D
The trick is to wait half a sec or so, just a little bit, between using the keyboard and going back to the trackpad. Then you have no problem. Otherwise the computer thinks you are touching the trackpad while typing and then it locks up for a couple of secs. It is a tad bit annoying at first, but you get used to it quickly.

Okay, I'll try it tonight. thanks for the tip! This newer feature of the track pad (clicking, scrolling) has been difficult for me to learn.

Baculo
Sep 21, 2006, 11:12 AM
This solution cleared up the problem. Thank you very much for the tip. I was very frustrated with this as I was working.

renx88
Jun 1, 2011, 12:23 PM
Not the exact same problem but I fixed a semi-responsive trackpad whilst taking apart my Macbook Pro recently.

It turned out to be the ribbon cable - it was not completely in it's port, only about half of it was in, so I had a trackpad which kinda worked but it was very slow and sluggish, and responded like I had soaking wet hands.

This may not be the solution to your issue, I reckon you should probably look at all other possibilities before removing your notebook's top case.

OK hope this helps someone.