Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fatmac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
Seattle
I just bought an eMac from an appliance recycing center. It works great except for the lines running down the screen well it's kind of more like shaky. It's a G4 800 mhz I took it through the rain to my truck to get it home. But even then it didn't get too wet. Any suggestions?
**Also like to know how to easily find my post with out searching for it.

Ubuntu

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2005
UK/US
Can't help you with the eMac, but if you scroll to the bottom of any forum or the index, you'll find a list of names. Your name will be the first one. Click it, and then you'll be viewing your own profile. Below your post count you'll find "Find all posts by <Username>". Click.

Or, click "Quick Links" on the tab bar at the top (User CP, FAQ/Rules... etc" and click "My Profile" for a quicker way.

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
fatmac said:
I just bought an eMac from an appliance recycing center. It works great except for the lines running down the screen well it's kind of more like shaky. It's a G4 800 mhz I took it through the rain to my truck to get it home. But even then it didn't get too wet. Any suggestions?
**Also like to know how to easily find my post with out searching for it.

I do remember with my CRT iMac that this would happen from time to time and it was the monitor degaussing itself. Could be the same thing, or there could be something interfering with the screen.

Gokhan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2003
London
k

call apple i belive some emacs did suffer from this issue (graphics card) yours may be covered even though not under warranty

fatmac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
Seattle
Gokhan said:
call apple i belive some emacs did suffer from this issue (graphics card) yours may be covered even though not under warranty
Thanks. I'll check it out.

fatmac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
Seattle
I decided to go "digging" in the forums and found that there were similar problems like mine. suggestions were moving your mac to another room empty of electronics. I did that and problem solved. moved eMac back to my bedroom and put in on the other side of my desk-away from the TV. WOW! no lines!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.