PDA

View Full Version : Mail: If anyone can figure this out for me...

eyelikeart
Feb 21, 2002, 07:46 PM
I'm desperately searching for a way to be able to retrieve my aol mail using the Mail application....

has anyone come into any success with this?

mischief
Feb 21, 2002, 07:50 PM
Have you gotten the OS X AOL yet? I know stupid question, but I don't use the thing so............I just figured it had a built-in mailer. Is this not the case?

stoid
Feb 21, 2002, 08:43 PM
I couldn't get it to retreve my hotmail either

stoid
Feb 21, 2002, 09:13 PM
Mail is a stereotypical X App, it's nearly perfect at doing what is does, but try to modify it to fit your slightly different what and boom, your screwed!

trinitishwar
Feb 21, 2002, 09:34 PM
Uh, I would say that both of the examples given are highly propriatary mail interfaces. Even Entourage, micro$hafts own email client could not interface with Hotmail when it first came out. I belive they have now released a fix, but come on, that's retarded. And don't even get me started on AOL. Have you tried forwarding? I don't use AOL, but that's the only thing that I can think of that might work, unless you could rig up some applescript fix. I don't even know if you could get that to work. My advice, get a mac.com address.

eyelikeart
Feb 21, 2002, 11:10 PM
:p thanks for the replies so far...

I do have aol for X...but I wanted an alternative approach since I have a few email addresses in which I receive mail.

I do have a mac.com address as well, however, I've had an aol account for 5 years now and it would be too difficult to change it over to something different at this point.

so I guess I'll wait and see what other answers I get from this...