PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Epson C82 printer?

coolbreeze
Apr 3, 2003, 07:47 PM
Well, I just bought one off of eBay for $74 plus $25 s/h...so $99 for this printer ain't bad at all. I've been shopping for a good printer and was blown away by the waterproof ink this model uses. You can literally submerge a printed page in water and the ink will not smear (some salesmen do this).

Anyhow, I've never personally seen a printed product from this Epson C82, and hope it is very high quality.

Does anyone know anything about this printer? It was on Apple's list of OS X friendly printers, so I hope it works.

BTW, I got a USB printer cable in another auction for $1.50 shipped..muahahaha!

Breeze

Eckslusive
Apr 3, 2003, 08:30 PM
hey i got the C82. and its pretty good. But the only bad part is that it sucks the paper in loud. but prints pretty good.
What do you want to know? for quality goes, its pretty good. But keep in mind, just cause it has a high DPI, doesn't mean that it prints photos out nicely. Its not a photo pritner. I hate reading the reviews from customers and people say PHOTOS SUCK...well obvioulsy, its not meant for photos.

AlphaTech
Apr 3, 2003, 09:02 PM
I've printed many photo's on my own C82 (from my 3.2MP digital camera) and, at the proper sizes, they DO look just as good as prints from film. Of course I am talking about printing onto the photo paper. IF you print onto regular paper, the photo's won't look as good. The paper makes the difference.

As for options for the C82... I have the external print server (C823781) attached to mine and then plugged into my network switch so that I can print to it from ANY system on my network. Epson also has a bluetooth adapter for this printer.

coolbreeze
Apr 3, 2003, 09:03 PM
Hey thanks for the response. I was just wondering how satisfied people that own it are. You sound like you are happy with it. I've read that it is LOUD when feeding paper...clunking and such.

Well, I did a lot of research and think I made a wise decision.

AlphaTech
Apr 3, 2003, 09:06 PM
Mine doesn't "clunk" when grabbing the paper, you just hear the wheels grab the paper and feed it. I have heard worse.