PDA

View Full Version : My orb

tominated
Sep 23, 2006, 03:25 AM
I was bored so i made this orb thing in fireworks. i am only 13 so it isn't that good. critisism welcome.

Mydriasis
Sep 23, 2006, 03:53 AM
nice!

shawnjooste
Sep 23, 2006, 05:12 AM
I was bored so i made this orb thing in fireworks. i am only 13 so it isn't that good. critisism welcome.

For a 13 year old that is brilliant, keep at it, it seems you have some real talent.

dextertangocci
Sep 23, 2006, 12:29 PM
Well done!!

What does it mean?

And what is Fireworks?

Aperture
Sep 23, 2006, 12:31 PM
Fireworks is a graphic-y program that is part of the Macromedia Studio suite. Btw, Nice work! Keep it up!

Kevin

POHeerwig
Sep 24, 2006, 07:17 AM
I'm not sure what fireworks is like...is it a vector program? I bet you'll be a popular kid at school to 'already' do things like that. I'll have to show my daughter (she's 13 too) Maybe it will "inspire" her :cool: Great work!

decksnap
Sep 24, 2006, 07:54 AM
Fireworks is a bitmap and vector hybrid that is tuned for web design only... making it much more suited for the task than Photoshop.

ATD
Sep 24, 2006, 08:17 AM
Nice. One suggestion if I may. The upper left side has a nice rounded look, the lower right looks a little flat. If you are looking for roundness on that side try creating a shadow that arcs along the curve. I did this quickly in PS, hope you don't mind that I did it on your artwork, it's easier to show than explain.

haiggy
Sep 24, 2006, 01:32 PM
Nice. One suggestion if I may. The upper left side has a nice rounded look, the lower right looks a little flat. If you are looking for roundness on that side try creating a shadow that arcs along the curve. I did this quickly in PS, hope you don't mind that I did it on your artwork, it's easier to show than explain.

I second that.

tominated
Sep 24, 2006, 05:37 PM
try creating a shadow that arcs along the curve.
huh?
BTW: I did this in about 3 to 5 minutes, and i want to be a grafic designer or computer artist (those are some of the cool jobs that involve macs:D )

DJMastaWes
Sep 24, 2006, 05:46 PM
huh?
BTW: I did this in about 3 to 5 minutes, and i want to be a grafic designer or computer artist (those are some of the cool jobs that involve macs:D )
Graphic ;) .

For a 3-5 minute job it's pretty good. :)

thedude110
Sep 24, 2006, 06:02 PM
I like it.

Get on to the rest of the alphabet, then. :)

tominated
Sep 24, 2006, 06:05 PM
Get on to the rest of the alphabet, then. :)

i only did the t because my name is Tom (it is really Thomas though)

xsedrinam
Sep 24, 2006, 06:14 PM
Tom, if you're cranking out stuff like that in 3-5 minutes @13 yrs., you have some talent. Go for it! :)

Killyp
Sep 24, 2006, 06:22 PM
Dude, that's pretty amazing!

You could be a professional designer with a bit more work :D

tominated
Sep 24, 2006, 06:31 PM
Mind you, i did this with my school laptop (it had fireworks on it), but my teacher is trying to get me a copy of Adobe Creative Suite 2 web bundle for mac (for free). BTW: My teacher is trying to convince one of his friends to give it to me because i had a brain tumor (it's true! i am half bald because of it!)

ATD
Sep 24, 2006, 07:01 PM
huh?

Sorry if you didn't understand. I was saying that the shadow should have an arc to it like the red line. The one you did ran like the blue line. You did a very nice job, just offering a tip to make it better.;)

tominated
Sep 24, 2006, 07:20 PM
ok

Killyp
Sep 24, 2006, 07:22 PM
...i had a brain tumor (it's true! i am half bald because of it!)

wwoow :eek: dude are you all okay now?

Silentwave
Sep 24, 2006, 08:14 PM
this is talent!

this will sound weird, but I now really want an application that starts with the letter T so it could be the application icon for it :p

tominated
Sep 24, 2006, 08:55 PM
this is talent!

this will sound weird, but I now really want an application that starts with the letter T so it could be the application icon for it :p

You would have to put me in the credits or something:D

Aperture
Sep 24, 2006, 09:13 PM
this is talent!

I thought about for 5 minutes an app that began with T. I can't come up with one!:mad: :confused: Can anyone think of any?:o

xsedrinam
Sep 24, 2006, 09:17 PM
I thought about for 5 minutes an app that began with T. I can't come up with one!:mad: :confused: Can anyone think of any?:o
TinkerTool

thedude110
Sep 24, 2006, 09:21 PM
Thunderbird.

TextEdit.

Terminal.

Did you check your Applications folder? :cool:

EricNau
Sep 24, 2006, 09:24 PM
Text Wrangler, Text Edit, & Terminal.

BTW: Tom, nice work. :)

Silentwave
Sep 24, 2006, 10:39 PM

I tried going for my dock before remembering that my mac is at applecare and i'm stuck on windows this week :(

ATD
Sep 24, 2006, 11:34 PM
TurboTax & Terragen.

someguy
Sep 24, 2006, 11:45 PM
ToyViewer

Aperture
Sep 25, 2006, 07:28 PM
Thunderbird.

TextEdit.

Terminal.

Nope! I'm in the process of getting a new mac (well actually I traded with another member), so i'm on Windows right now.:(