PDA

View Full Version : Alan Fletcher dies

iGav
Sep 23, 2006, 07:34 AM
That's so sad... without question one of the great, and arguably one of the most influential British designers. Doubly sad because I had the honour of knowing him both professionally and personally. :( A fascinatingly intriguing and endearing man to engage with.

Most people live with a bag over their heads. Seeing, for them, is just a convenient way for not bumping into things.

Word.

Alan Fletcher @ The Design Museum (http://www.designmuseum.org/design/alan-fletcher)

Jaffa Cake
Sep 23, 2006, 07:43 AM
Sad news indeed as you rightly say, he was one of the most influential designers this country has ever produced. :(

ATD
Sep 23, 2006, 12:20 PM
Sorry to hear that, his influence will live on. When I was in school I had a book about Pentagram, I carried everywhere I went. At one point a friend gave me a hard time about it, he said I carried it around like it was a bible. In a way he was right.

mouchoir
Sep 23, 2006, 01:25 PM
Doubly sad because I had the honour of knowing him both professionally and personally. :( A fascinatingly intriguing and endearing man to engage with.

That is terribly sad. He was gifted with an incredible, inquisitive mind.

I only had the pleasure of meeting him once, while I was a final year student. Two fellow students and I went up to talk to him at a function, our heads bubbling with questions to ask one of our design heros. When he saw us, he took the opportunity to introduce us to the 3 young women he was talking to, and left us with them!

Set up by Alan Fletcher... we had to laugh!