Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGav

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 9, 2002
That's so sad... without question one of the great, and arguably one of the most influential British designers. Doubly sad because I had the honour of knowing him both professionally and personally. :( A fascinatingly intriguing and endearing man to engage with.

Most people live with a bag over their heads. Seeing, for them, is just a convenient way for not bumping into things.

Word.

Alan Fletcher @ The Design Museum

ATD

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2005
Sorry to hear that, his influence will live on. When I was in school I had a book about Pentagram, I carried everywhere I went. At one point a friend gave me a hard time about it, he said I carried it around like it was a bible. In a way he was right.

mouchoir

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2004
London, UK
iGav said:
Doubly sad because I had the honour of knowing him both professionally and personally. :( A fascinatingly intriguing and endearing man to engage with.

That is terribly sad. He was gifted with an incredible, inquisitive mind.

I only had the pleasure of meeting him once, while I was a final year student. Two fellow students and I went up to talk to him at a function, our heads bubbling with questions to ask one of our design heros. When he saw us, he took the opportunity to introduce us to the 3 young women he was talking to, and left us with them!

Set up by Alan Fletcher... we had to laugh!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.