PDA

View Full Version : Team Austech.Info Has fallen to Team Macrumors.com!

Stelliform
Apr 4, 2003, 07:05 AM
Interiority gets official first post (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23622) dibs, but I wanted to have this info in a new thread!

We all knew it was coming and here it is! Congratulations to all of the team's dedication to pumping out more computing power. We are pumping out more units than MacAddict and Team Mac OS X. It is only a matter of time before we become the number one Mac Team!

Mr. Anderson
Apr 4, 2003, 07:11 AM
This is great! The day we pass the first of the 2 Mac teams ahead of us will be cause for celebration, but we have a long way to go :D

D

Tiauguinho
Apr 4, 2003, 08:09 AM
Im pushing as much as i can from my Macs, but i had problems with 2 proteins on my Dual... I lost a week of work due to the fact that they would start again the folding when they were at 3/4 to finish... I deleted them and started with another! Will upload them in a day!

Our team as been doing a crazy job! We having an output that we could only dream of in mid 2002! heheheh Great Job Guys!

Rower_CPU
Apr 4, 2003, 12:37 PM
I'm really happy with the progress we've made. There's been an amazing response by the community to join the team and donate their spare CPU cycles.

Great job, all around! :D

Stelliform
Apr 4, 2003, 01:16 PM
I posted a while back that of the top ten users (By Rate) the lowest rate there was 30. The lowest rate among the top 20 was 20...

Today the lowest rate in the top ten is 54 and the lowest rate in the top 20 is 31. We are definitely putting out more units indiviually....

Click here to see active users by rate... (http://teamstats.macnn.com/fold/stats.php?page=a1&TID=3446&sort=StatsRate&order=desc&range=100)

In top ten user news...

Rower has Bertman approaching his rate. Bertman has a ways to go, but if he keeps increasing his speed we might have a top three mixup before the end of the year. (Since bertman's rate hasn't shown any signs of slowing down its growth.)

Also Rugby and MQ have stopped producing. Both apparently in the last month. :( If anybody knows how to beg these guys.. please do!

In top 20 news, Macs4Me, Macfocus and me (Stelliform) Have been duking it out to see who can get into the top ten first.. macfocus seems to have it in the bag when he overtakes MQ tomorrow for the rank of 10.

dabirdwell just broke into the top 20, and at his rate is destined for the top ten if overall production stays where it is...

There you have it folding fans, the Macrumors Team info in a nutshell..... :D

Rower_CPU
Apr 4, 2003, 01:20 PM
Rugby has moved on to other projects, but he still might turn in a WU or two now and then.

Stelliform
Apr 4, 2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
Rugby has moved on to other projects, but he still might turn in a WU or two now and then.

Sorry to hear that. Well he might be interested when he sees the sucess the team is having.

Jethroted and Bertman are both poised to overtake him in the next 10 days....

Before the end of the summer I imagine that he will be out of the top 10...

bousozoku
Apr 4, 2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Stelliform

So, no one else on the team counts? You might be surprised how quickly things would fall apart without the single machines.

Stelliform
Apr 4, 2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by bousozoku
You might be surprised how quickly things would fall apart without the single machines.

Most definitely! I usually mention the singles and I apologize for the omission! I still haven't had time to figure out the collective contribution of the singles, but I did figure out that the lowest rate computers (2.81 points a day) in which we have 24 on our team, produce 67.44 points a day! And that is just the slowest guys... a rate like that is equizalent to one of our top ten producers.... Keep up the good work, and keep folding.... :D

aethier
Apr 4, 2003, 01:45 PM
Hello,
how do you sign up to be a folding member...

-aethier

Stelliform
Apr 4, 2003, 01:49 PM
Check this FAQ from Rower. (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21908) It has everything you need to know to get started. All you do is download the program and run it, type in a username, and our team number 3446. After that you just leave the program running. I hope you contribute!

aethier
Apr 4, 2003, 01:53 PM
what is the diference of the "test" "graphical" and "screensaver?
is it like the screensaver one only runs while/as the screensaver is on?

-aethier

aethier
Apr 4, 2003, 01:59 PM
nevermind, i read the thing that explains it.. could i run the one in the terminal, and the graphical one?
and then the screensaver one when im away?
-aethier

Stelliform
Apr 4, 2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by aethier
what is the diference of the "test" "graphical" and "screensaver?
is it like the screensaver one only runs while/as the screensaver is on?

-aethier

That is a good question. It must be since I do not know the whole answer. :) I think the options are console, graphical, and screensaver. I have only run the console and the graphical. The graphical version is easier to setup if you are unfamiliar with the console. But it is slower. The console is simple and fast, but you have to run it from the terminal. The screensave works as a screensaver, but I imagine it only works when the screen saver is on.

I have been folding on my laptop for the last two hours with it running in the background. The surfing that I have been doing has not been slowed down at all... I shut folding down when I am on my battery or I am playing a game. Otherwise I run folding.

One will use all of the capacity of your system (Unless you have a dual see the FAQ) So I would pick either the console or graphical. My knowledge of the screensaver is limited, but it might work on the same workunits as your graphical or console. I am not certain...

aethier
Apr 4, 2003, 02:01 PM
ok thanks, ill try the graphical one first, (i want to see what it does) but if it slows down my computer too much, ill use the terminal.

-aethier

aethier
Apr 4, 2003, 02:10 PM
ok, im runnign the graphical version, is it normal that it takes so long,(its beeing at 0.0% for like awhile)

aethier

Rower_CPU
Apr 4, 2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by aethier
ok, im runnign the graphical version, is it normal that it takes so long,(its beeing at 0.0% for like awhile)

aethier

Yes, depending on the speed of your machine it can take up to 20 minutes/frame and if you have 400 frames to work on it takes a while.

aethier
Apr 4, 2003, 02:13 PM
ok then this is gonna take quite sometime

aethier

Cursor
Apr 4, 2003, 02:28 PM
I want to join the team. I have a FP iMac 800Mhz with a 60 GB HD on a dial up line. My questions are:

Do I sign up to the team afte I install the software?

Does the computer need to be connected to the internet to run folding?

How does it report progress back to the main site?

If anyone could help out here, I'd appreciate it. thanks.:)

Rower_CPU
Apr 4, 2003, 02:32 PM
You "sign up" when you first run the app. All it asks for is a username and team number (3446).

The computer needs to be connected to the internet to submit the work you do. It will wait for a connection if you're offline when it finishes the WU.

NavyIntel007
Apr 4, 2003, 02:58 PM
Yaaaay! I'm ranked 86,792 :rolleyes:
138th on the team... Should be 116th by the end of the week.

Stelliform
Apr 4, 2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by NavyIntel007
Yaaaay! I'm ranked 86,792 :rolleyes:
138th on the team... Should be 116th by the end of the week.

We all had to start somewhere.... Well mabey not that low! :p Ha! Just messing with you.... What is your name on the team?

Stelliform
Apr 6, 2003, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Stelliform

In top 20 news, Macs4Me, Macfocus and me (Stelliform) Have been duking it out to see who can get into the top ten first.. macfocus seems to have it in the bag when he overtakes MQ tomorrow for the rank of 10.

Looks like I was wrong. MacFocus doesn't seem to have produced much, and all of my computers started dropping simultaneously. That resulted in me passing Macfocus and MQ for the 10th position!.. :) I need to enjoy it now because there are quite a few powerhouses set to bump me out...

On a side note, rates seem to be dropping across the board the last couple of days. I hope that everybody is just stuck on 50 point units. We still have a far way to go to be the top Mac team. It certainly isn't in the bag!!!

We still seem to be adding members, so that is a good thing!

4/4
maClicious
dynamicd

4/5
DeepDish

Welcome to the team!

Keep folding!

Well I enjoyed it while it lasted. :) MQ has come back and passed me! He unloaded 98 points today to overtake me! Welcome back MQ!