Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac Rules

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 15, 2006
Europe
Hi guys n girls,

Could somebody please help, the icons on my desktop have suddenyl got blue boxes beneath them, where the text is, whereas before, they were colourless. Please can somebdy suggest how to change it back, as I much prefer them colourless and can't find a setting for it anywhere! :confused:

Here's a screenshot, circled in red is what I mean:
desktopds6.jpg

Cheers

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
Mac Rules said:
Could somebody please help, the icons on my desktop have suddenyl got blue boxes beneath them, where the text is, whereas before, they were colourless.s
That's like how it used to look before WinXP. You must've accidentally changed an option somewhere in the Display control panel. Not in Windows ATM so I'm not exactly sure where the option is, if there is one.

Mac Rules

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 15, 2006
Europe
Hi guys n girls,

Right I've solved it! After scrutinisng the internet, I found that there's an option under perfomance settings in the system properties menu that enables it, so I'm back to normal now. Thanks for your comments.

The taskbar is part of a Vista Inspirat brico pack I installed, its basically a bit of Vista and OSX, but the dock they supplied was crap, but I love the taskbar. Try this link .

Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.