Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is hosting a Special Event today at Photokina. The invite-only media event was first reported in late August after members of the UK Press received invitations.

Details on the media event have been particularly scarce, but it is believed the event is currently taking place in Colonge, Germany.

There does not appear to be any live coverage for this event on the web. We will provide links or updates as they are received.

mi5moav

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2004
Strange...maybe it's just a rehash of Itunes 7 and the Ipods to the EU... though Aperture 1.5 should be on its' way soon. Though I'm actually hoping for a nice leica/zeiss announcement.

timnosenzo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2004
ct, us
knackroller said:
how many of us actually care much about aperture...?
me, very much so! :D

According to TUAW:
Aperture 1.5 has a new library system with better support for external storage, DVD's, as well as RAID. This should make a lot of Aperture users happy.

Molnies

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2006
Sweden
knackroller said:
Anybody that is a photographer?

At least I care alot, and this could mean a whole lot of improvement for my company.

tarjan

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2006
Google translator works great, much better than the babel...

Apple holds 2006 in Cologne on the today's day a press vent on the occasion of the Photokina. The hall fills slowly, which is stage Apple Ttpisch gestylt.

, Enter Vice President Apple Product marketing would push greetings Rob, now the stage and welcome the visitors of the Photokina. He speaks now about Aperture, the RAW feature and the integration in Mac OS X tiger.

Now the entire Mac Lineup was introduced to Mac pro including MacBook, MacBook pro, iMac and and the advantages of the Intel Umstiegs was described. Numerous photographers describe their experiences with Aperture and the Mac.

Aperture 1.5. As expected Apple presents also a new version of Aperture. Among the important new functions it ranks that pictures must be now no more in the file LIBRARY, but also on DVDs or other storage media to be can. Besides Voransichten are shown in high quality, even if these did not page themselves out on the computer to find and.

ILife integration further is now iLife and iWork integration given, so that these data bases can be accessed. In the reverse case can be used the Aperture LIBRARY for iDVDs.

Plug in an open API makes a providing possible of Plug in, so for example for photo order over Internet. Developers can load the extension with interest over the ADC entrance.

Further improvements to the further improvements count among other things a revised magnifying glass, stepless zoom are possible. Also an improved Tool for sharpening pictures is available.

geerlingguy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2003
St. Louis, USA
knackroller said:

Tally me in the 'I care' crowd as well.

If the student price were $99, I could buy it in a heartbeat... but it's so close that I'm trying to find a way to get it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.