PDA

View Full Version : Free on iTunes: Battlestar Galactica The Story So Far

MacBytes
Sep 26, 2006, 02:37 PM
http://www.macbytes.com/images/bytessig.gif (http://www.macbytes.com)

Category: Videos
Link: Free on iTunes: Battlestar Galactica The Story So Far (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20060926153746)
Description:: With the premiere of Season 3 just two weeks away (october 6th), Sci-Fi Network has released a free retrospective episode of the first two seasons of Battlestar Galactica in hopes of enticing new viewers, as well as reminding current fans just where the series left off.

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)
Approved by Mudbug

mkrishnan
Sep 26, 2006, 02:41 PM
Nice! I have a copy already from broadcast, but I think that it also contains a few little peeks and pokes here and there at plot elements -- I think there are some things in this that weren't in the original episodes thus far. But anyway I can't wait for the new season to start in two weeks!

nagromme
Sep 26, 2006, 05:59 PM
A great series--there has never been a better drama on TV, nor better sci-fi either. (Well, Firefly/Serenity would have been better, but it was a one-season arc. Galactica is more of a long-term story. Different kinds of shows.)

I'm only now (Netflix) catching up on Season 2.5. It drives me crazy waiting for the next disc of 4 episodes. I can only imagine the suffering of waiting a whole week for 1 episode!

I'll be buying every season 3 episode on iTunes: it's a whole LOT cheaper than getting cable, and Galactica is one of the few things on cable I really want anyway.

I could wait for Netflix but it's VERY hard to escape spoilers when you have to wait 6 whole months :o

I would HATE to start Galactica by watching this "story so far" and have seasons 1 and 2 spoiled for me. But watch it anyway... it's better than not getting into Galactica at all :)

mainstreetmark
Sep 27, 2006, 08:26 AM
I'm in the fortunate position of not having seen any Season2 episodes yet. Apparently, the season's now over, so I can go get the entire season, and thereby avoid that whole cliffhanger thing ( a technique most effectively avoided when watching seasons of Lost)

But, since iTMS (uh, iTS) hates me and won't let me download (it blames paypal, paypal blames it), I guess I'll be renting it.

nagromme
Sep 27, 2006, 11:10 AM
Yep, Netflix now has ALL Galactica episodes that have ever aired. Season 0 (aka Miniseries), Season 1, Season 2.0, and Season 2.5.

All of which adds up to less than 2 conventional seasons total, so if anyone wants to catch up it's not TOO late, just record Season 3 until you need it :)

That's what I'm doing with Lost: getting Season 2 from the library (I get no ABC reception) and then I will watch it on ABC's site. But it will take weeks to get all the discs, so I will be recording from ABC's site to store Season 3 eps until I am ready.

PS, if you can't get iTunes video, the Sci Fi Channel is airing "The Story So Far" several times in the days before S3 starts on the 6th.

kizard
Oct 8, 2006, 11:25 AM
Any word as to when BSG season 3 episodes will be available on iTunes?

mkrishnan
Oct 8, 2006, 01:02 PM
Any word as to when BSG season 3 episodes will be available on iTunes?

I was kind of surprised it didn't become available over the weekend. I also wish / hope the webisode would be available as a continuous 20-25 minute or whatever show....I thought it was actually pretty good, although watching it in 2-4 minute Flash chunks was a nuisance.

kizard
Oct 8, 2006, 09:00 PM
I think I we are in the midst of a revolution in the way we watch TV. I didn't start watching BSG until I watched a free summary on iTunes. It piqued my interest, so I went back and watched the miniseries, season 1, and season 2.0 ON DVD. I purchased the rest of the season (2.5) from iTunes. I don't have cableTV, nor do I plan on getting it. I am anticipating buying the 3rd season on iTunes, and have never seen an original broadcast. KUDOS to SCI-FI CHANNEL AND iTUNES, and to BSG for a truely revolutionalry series!:D

zweigand
Oct 9, 2006, 11:27 AM
A great series--there has never been a better drama on TV, nor better sci-fi either. (Well, Firefly/Serenity would have been better, but it was a one-season arc. Galactica is more of a long-term story. Different kinds of shows.)

I'm only now (Netflix) catching up on Season 2.5. It drives me crazy waiting for the next disc of 4 episodes. I can only imagine the suffering of waiting a whole week for 1 episode!

I'll be buying every season 3 episode on iTunes: it's a whole LOT cheaper than getting cable, and Galactica is one of the few things on cable I really want anyway.

I could wait for Netflix but it's VERY hard to escape spoilers when you have to wait 6 whole months :o

I would HATE to start Galactica by watching this "story so far" and have seasons 1 and 2 spoiled for me. But watch it anyway... it's better than not getting into Galactica at all :)

What's up with Season 3 anyway? It's STILL not on iTunes. I see some VIIV promotional crap on the SciFi website ...I hope they still plan on putting it up on iTunes. And while they are at it I hope they get a season pass thingy in place.