Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blueflower

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2006
Hi everyone, just found this site through google and I must say its great.
I am interested in purchasing an 80gb Ipod but I am wondering, how long does it take for refurbished models of a newly released model to appear on apple.com.
Does anyone remember how soon after the release of the 60gb and 30gb video models did refurbished models of the two begin to appear on apple.com?
Also does apple.com usually have any Christmas discounts or sale on refurbished models or Ipods in general?
Thanks in advance.

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
Usually 1-2 months, unless I'm mistaken. And no I don't think there are any sales, you could try http://www.macmall.com because they have sales and almost always if not always lower than the regular Apple store. (not the refurbished apple store)

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
well if the rumors are true that are going around bout a true ipod video by christmas im sure u would see them in bout a month or so

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
blueflower said:
Thanks so much for the replies iBookG4user and macfan881.
Glad to help in any way that is possible :D. Also the 60GB iPod Video is REALLY down in price and it supports all the new features except for the letter scrolling. Right now in the Apple refubished store the 60GB iPod Video is $230 which is even less then the 30GB new iPod Video 5G v2.0. I bought one of the 60GB iPod videos and have no need nor want for the new 80GB one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.