View Full Version : How to get this effect?

Sep 27, 2006, 04:51 AM
Any ideas on how to get this sort of solarised effect?



Blue Velvet
Sep 27, 2006, 05:01 AM
In Photoshop, try running Gaussian Blur filter over it with a generous radius, then Edit>Fade>Overlay... after that, you could also then mess with Curves and/or Saturation to get the final result you want.

Sep 27, 2006, 05:15 AM
that actually looks like an hdri photo to me, which can bring out some loverly strong colours, but sure you could fake that kind of saturation

Sep 27, 2006, 05:21 AM
try duplicating the layer then, for the new layer

set blending options to soft light.
Image -> Adjust -> Hue / Desaturate. Set Desaturate to -70
Image -> Adjust -> Brightness & Contrast set both to +10
Filter -> Blur -> Gaussian Blur - Set to 7.0 .

Flatten the image and play with levels settings

Sep 27, 2006, 06:58 AM
that actually looks like an hdri photo to me

Good call, that's what it looks like it to me.